You are here
HR Payroll Shared Services
The OMES HR/Payroll Shared Services Center provides a number of services for client agencies and employees. Our employees have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to process HR and payroll transactions unique to each client agency. We have been a shared services provider for over 25 years, currently providing a full range of services for over 2500 employees in more than 60 agencies. Services include processing of all transactions affecting an employee's entire service life--from initial hire and benefits through final payment at separation and submission of retirement records.
Services Provided by the Payroll/HR Shared Services Center
- HR-Recruitment: Complete HCM-92 Personnel Transaction Freeze Request and other required forms for hiring, post job announcements, review applicants, assist with interview questions, schedule interviews, interview candidates, background checks, and offer/welcome letters.
- HR-Onboarding: New hire orientation; compile all necessary documentation to include HR, payroll and benefits forms.
- HR-Employee Relations: Provide support and information to management, supervisors and employees regarding employee transactions, compensation, training, coaching, discipline, EAP, statutes, rules, strategic planning and other HR-related activities as requested, grievances/complaint management, complete forms (FMLA, Workers Comp, etc.).
- HR-Separation: Advise and provide support and information to management, supervisors and employees, regarding separation of employment, compile all necessary documentation to include HR, payroll and benefits forms.
- Benefits-Retirement: Retirement and SoonerSave Coordinator. Provide OPERS, Pathfinder, and SoonerSave information to employees, assist employees ready to retire, and compile necessary documentation.
- Benefits-Insurance: Benefit Coordinator. Provide insurance information to employees; assist with questions regarding insurance benefits and flexible spending accounts, compile necessary documentation.
- Data Entry: HR and payroll changes in PeopleSoft HCM, insurance changes in BAS, enrollment in OPERS, training in ELM, background checks in OSBI, recruitment in Job Apps, E-Verify.
- Payroll Processing: Process payrolls, review and correct issues for accuracy, process time and leave, provide required reports to the agency.
- Payroll: Answer garnishments, calculate miscellaneous payroll items (pro-rated longevity, insurance audits, etc.), and provide information regarding laws, rules and regulations pertaining to payroll and leave.
- Special Projects: Includes but not limited to FLSA review, creating job descriptions, policy-writing.
Cost of Services
Rates are dependent on the services requested and the number of agency employees. For rates specific to your agency needs, please contact Lisa.Raihl@omes.ok.gov or 405-521-3258.
The State Employee section of the website provides resources related to Healthcare, Financial/Leave, HCM Resources, Training, and other Resources. The information provided here can help employees and agency staff navigate through the various rules, benefits, and programs available to state employees.