You are here
What are the steps for disposing of surplus real property?
- Notify OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services of the surplus property. We will request information on the property.
- OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will seek approval from the Long-Range Capital Planning Commission (LRCPC) to sell/transfer the property.
- Once approval from the LRCPC has been obtained, agency will obtain an appraisal of the property, possibly a survey and abstract.
- Once the appraisal is obtained, OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will create advertising and bid information.
- OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will run the auction, including site visits for inspection of the property, and conduct a bid opening with any received bids at the end of the auction period.
- At the close of the auction, OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will notify the winning bidder, execute the contract and work with your agency.
- OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will create the deed for transfer of the property for your agency to sign and set a closing date with the buyer.
- After closing, OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will disburse money from the sale to the Maintenance of State Buildings Revolving Fund minus fees and reimbursements.