You are here
What are the steps for leasing out a surface lease?
- Notify OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services of the property that is to be leased. We will request information such as acreage, proposed uses (such as grazing, hay, crops, etc.) and any special restrictions.
- OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will create auction dates, bid information and advertising.
- OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will run the auction, including site visits for inspection of the property, and conduct a bid opening with any received bids at the end of the auction period. The auction period is normally about one month long.
- At the close of the auction, OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will notify the winning bidder and request a list of expenses from your agency for reimbursement.
- After the winner has been notified, OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will have them sign a contract and pay the remaining amount for their first year. OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will disburse the funds at this time.