Effective Jan. 1, 2018, HealthChoice updated the Wigs and Scalp Prostheses directive to clarify the quantity limit allowed per calendar year.
The benefit is as follows:
- One wig or scalp prostheses per calendar year is covered for members who experience hair loss due to radiation or chemotherapy treatment resulting from a covered medical condition.
- Must be obtained from a licensed cosmetologist or durable medical equipment provider.
- For non-Medicare plans, coverage is subject to calendar year deductible and coinsurance.
- For Medicare Supplement plans, coverage is not subject to calendar year deductible or coinsurance.
- Payment is per the HealthChoice fee schedule.
If you have questions about this benefit, call the medical claims administrator at 800-323-4314.