The wig/scalp prostheses benefit is as follows:
- One wig or scalp prostheses per calendar year is covered for members who experience hair loss due to radiation or chemotherapy treatment resulting from a covered medical condition.
- These must be obtained from a licensed cosmetologist or durable medical equipment provider.
- For pre-Medicare plans, coverage is subject to calendar year deductible and coinsurance.
- For Medicare supplement plans, coverage is not subject to calendar year deductible or coinsurance.
- The wigs and scalp prostheses benefit will be paid per the HealthChoice fee schedule.
For questions about this benefit, call the medical claims administrator toll-free at 800-323-4314. TTY users call 711.