You are here

Frequently Asked Questions

Data Governance (16)

Organizations sustain data governance over time by building a structure that is reliant on formalized processes and documented procedures that are embedded in the organization's data culture, rather than on specific people. This is achieved by implementing a governance model, assigning roles and responsibilities, and rolling out organization-wide standards and policies related to data. Additionally, ensuring an appropriate escalation mechanism is in place and followed, proactively monitoring compliance to standards and policies, as well as communicating the value of the program to all stakeholders is key to program maturation over time and ultimately long-lasting success.


Once data quality issues are identified, a living document should be created to log and track them as well as recommended solutions, related rules and statutes, and necessary implementations for resolving the issue.


Business needs drive data needs which, in turn, drive technology needs. Because the business roles within an organization are often subject matter experts with a deeper understanding of data, its definition and usage, as well as decision support, risk management and reporting, those roles should be central to the design and implementation of a data governance structure. These subject matter experts are aware of the ramifications of data quality issues on decision-making and the organization's ability to fulfill its mission, therefore, they should hold the responsibility of being data owners and data stewards. Technology and operations teams, on the other hand, function as data custodians. This is a trusted advisor and implementation role which ensures that the right systems, infrastructure and processes are in place to support and sustain data governance.


The short answer to this question is ALL data elements should be governed at the enterprise level. However, this is not practical for most organizations, particularly those new to governing data. Therefore, a manageable place to start is with those data elements that are deemed critical for business operations, decision-making and reporting purposes.

To determine which data elements are critical, it is necessary to engage subject matter experts within each line-of-business and organizational support function to identify the key business processes and their associated critical data elements. Focus can then be on governing this set of enterprise critical data at the enterprise level and to not boil the ocean.


Metadata is information about data, technical and business processes, data rules and constraints, and logical and physical structures of the data used by an organization. When metadata is documented and made available, it allows data to be understood, located, verified, traced and consistently used and reused. By providing key information about an organization’s data, metadata allows data users to interact productively with the data assets, functions, processes and systems of an organization.


Access to data should be assigned based on an individual’s role in the organization. Data should be classified based on privacy restrictions imposed by legal mandate or rule and/or organizational policy. Access to data should be granted based on those classifications and limited to only those who need access to fulfill their job requirements. The data classifications assigned should inform all decisions regarding data access, including who may have access to data; how individuals may access data; and how individuals may share and/or transport data.

Data use should be driven by business needs. The appropriate use of data should be overseen and defined by data owners. Data stewards provide guidance and guidelines to data users to ensure data is protected and represented accurately when it is used.


Yes. Some organizations base accountabilities on related data sets, such as data requiring compliance with certain laws, like HIPAA or the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA). They put teams in place that are responsible for finding the data wherever it exists in the system, specifying rules for how and when the information is used and shared, and making sure those rules are followed.


Yes. Data steward responsibilities should be tied to data-related processes and data flows as well as data quality and use. This ensures that data is handled appropriately, according to the policies and practices adopted, defined and documented by the data governance program. Data that is protected throughout its lifecycle (from creation through use and eventual archival or destruction) adds value to the organization and helps achieve strategic business goals. Alternatively, data that is mishandled because data processes are not defined and data flows are not understood is detrimental to the organization.


Assigning data ownership is large in scope. Broad classifications can be used in the beginning and then narrowed down as the organization and its data management efforts mature. For example, in the beginning perhaps ownership of all finance-related data is assigned broadly to the chief financial officer. However, as the organization begins to better understand the many ways finance data is collected and used, ownership may be parsed out to other departments or to specific offices within the Finance department, depending on who the subject matter experts are and the primary uses of the data. Data-related accountabilities may be tied to different levels of granularity of information such as:

    • Documents.
    • Content units (used in documents, web displays, reports, etc.).
    • Data feeds.
    • Data records.
    • Raw data.
    • Domains of data (for example, all data related to customers).
    • Usage-related collections of data (for example, all fields appearing on a certain report, or all fields included in a compliance mandate such as HIPAA, HMDA or Sarbanes-Oxley).
    • Specific data entities (for example, within a data feed, an entire customer record, including the customer’s ID, name and all related data).
    • Data attributes (for example, only a certain preference flag within a customer record).


Data is owned by the enterprise rather than the individuals, divisions or programs within the enterprise. However, data management and use often falls within the organizational boundaries of specific divisions or program areas, at times spanning across multiple divisions or program areas. To ensure data is protected and used appropriately, it is necessary to designate data owners, who are accountable for specific data subject areas, and data stewards, who are responsible for working with data in accordance with adopted policies and practices, from divisions or programs to help ensure accountability for all data within the enterprise.


Yes. Understanding the different types of data within the organization and how each should be managed is key to effective stewardship. By identifying the types of data that exist within the organization, what business or technical role the data plays according to its type, and who is responsible for stewarding the data, an organization is ensuring that all data is being managed appropriately and adding business value. The different types of data that may exist in an organization include:

  • Master Data – the core data that is essential to operations in a specific business or business unit. (TechTarget)
  • Transactional Data – the information recorded from transactions. A transaction is a sequence of information exchange and related work (such as database updating) that is treated as a unit for the purposes of satisfying a request. (TechTarget)
  • Reference Data – are the data objects relevant to transactions, consisting of sets of values, statuses or classification schema. An example would be order statuses and their related codes, such as “canceled” and its related code, “CN,” required for reference purposes in an online order system. (TechTarget)
  • Metadata – structured information that describes, explains, locates or otherwise makes it easier to retrieve, use or manage an information resource. It is data that provides information about data. (TechTarget)
  • Historical Data – collected data about past events and circumstances pertaining to a particular subject. (TechTarget)


While each person in the agency who defines, produces and uses data has a certain level of accountability for how data are defined, produced and used, data stewards should be those who are subject matter experts in their respective data domains. Data stewards are recognized, identified, formalized and engaged according to their existing responsibilities.


Data ownership and data stewardship are both aspects of data governance. While data governance provides an overarching structure for the formalization of decision making around data, data ownership ensures accountability for specific pieces of data or data sets; and data stewardship encompasses the intentional acts of formally managing data and the processes associated with over-seeing, or being accountable for, data.

Stated another way, data management policies and practices are adopted through the overarching data governance structure, data ownership ensures accountability for the data and associated policies and practices, and data stewardship ensures data-related work is performed according to those formally adopted policies and practices.


IT governance includes:

  • Data governance: the deliberate act of formalizing the decision making around data within an organization. It includes the people, processes and structures involved in collecting, managing and using an organization's data.
  • Project and portfolio governance: the selection, prioritization and control of an organization’s projects and programs in line with its strategic objectives and capacity to deliver. It includes:
    • Program management: the management of portfolios and projects leading to a strategic goal or outcomes.
    • Portfolio management: the management of multiple related projects within a program.
    • Project management: the management of resources and the application of processes, methods, knowledge, skills and experience to achieve the project objective.


IT governance is the process that ensures the effective and efficient use of IT in enabling an organization to achieve its goals. It provides over-arching structure for aligning IT strategy with business strategy. By following a formal framework, organizations can produce measurable results toward achieving their strategies and goals. IT governance also takes stakeholders' interests into account, as well as the needs of staff and the processes they follow.


An asset has value, is quantifiable, helps the organization achieve its strategic objectives, and requires specialized skills to develop and maintain it. Data meet all of these criteria. In order for the value data can bring to be realized, they must be inventoried, tracked, monitored and maintained, much like the physical assets of an organization. Data which are not managed introduce risk into the organization.


Data Sharing Agreement (21)

Contact the legal department of your state agency or of the participating agencies if you have questions about the implications of the DSA or to obtain a list of the current Points of Contact assigned to a DSA data exchange.

No, because the Schedule A is an incorporated part of the overall agreement and is subject to all of the applicable provisions of the full DSA. 

While the DSA does include some language commonly used in BAA or QSOA, such use may require a research data use agreement or Institutional Review Board.

There is no provision under the current DSA for additional partners to participate.  However, other agencies are free to use the DSA as a template.

The DSA is not enforceable by law and does not attempt to provide modification of any laws or regulations.  The DSA does not create any rights, and each agency is responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in the sharing of its own data.  


Immediate actions must be taken by the agency(ies) pursuant to 74 O.S. § 3113.1.  In the event unencrypted personally identifiable information was acquired, or is reasonably believed to have been acquired, by an unauthorized person, the affected agency must immediately notify the owner or licensee in writing about the breach.

Whenever a determination has been made that any term of the DSA or related rule, procedure or policy are violated or reasonably appear to have been violated, the agency(ies) providing data must immediately suspend furnishing the data described in the associated DSA Schedule A form.

Agencies may not divulge, disclose or communicate in any manner any data covered by the DSA to any third party without prior written consent of the other agencies participating in the DSA.

The DSA does not modify existing data sharing agreements. However, Schedule A forms could be used to detail agreed upon changes, if so desired by the participating agencies.

The DSA or Schedule A may be modified at any time by written consent and may be terminated with a 30-day written notice by the terminating agency to the participating agencies.

The participating agencies must retain the signed Schedule A, and provide a copy to DISCUSS

DSA partners who wish to share data should include information relating to their specific data sharing project or initiative.  This may include:

  • Purpose of the data exchange
  • How the shared data can be used
  • Agency names
  • Points of contact for participating agencies
  • Information being requested
  • Data variables being exchanged
  • Confidential/secured manner to transport data
  • Manner of storing data
  • Tracking of released data
  • Termination of schedule and return of data if applicable

The Schedule A form should be signed by authorized agency representatives for each participating agency that elects to exchange data under the terms of the DSA.  Signers may include the agency IT strategist, data stewards, or a member of the agency’s legal team.

DISCUSS provides direction and review for HHS IT shared services projects and provides a central repository for completed “Schedule A” forms.

The “Deliver Interoperable Solution Components Utilizing Shared Services (DISCUSS)” Committee is an Oklahoma Health and Human Services (HHS) Cabinet level advisory body.  DISCUSS is organized by the Secretary of Health and Human Services in collaboration and under the authority of the State of Oklahoma Chief Information Officer.  The role of DISCUSS is to champion large IT and shared interoperability services efforts among Oklahoma HHS Cabinet agencies.

Goals of DISCUSS include:

  1. To assist OMES-IS by ensuring information technology initiatives are based on State and Agency business strategies and requirements;
  2. To collaboratively share resources for the development, purchase, and implementation of information technology products, services, and technology frameworks; and
  3. To review and provide direction for HHS IT and shared services projects.


It is an incorporated attachment to the DSA, used to document and provide detail about a specific data sharing project or exchange. A completed form is subject to all of the applicable provisions of the full DSA. Copies of signed form are maintained by each participating agency with a copy sent to the DISCUSS Data Governance Coordinator.

The DSA process provides a streamlined way for participating agencies to share data, in accordance with state and federal laws, without undertaking a lengthy legal review process for each specific data exchange requested.

To provide a more efficient and effective way for participating agencies to share data as authorized by Oklahoma or federal law and regulations.

  • Department of Human Services
  • Department of Corrections
  • Office of Juvenile Affairs
  • Health Care Authority
  • Commission on Children and Youth
  • State Department of Health
  • Department of Rehabilitation Services
  • State Department of Education
  • Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services



The DSA is an agreement signed by nine Oklahoma state agencies which outlines the general terms and conditions for an exchange of data between state agencies or entities.  It also includes a “Schedule A” form to outline the details of a specific data exchange or data exchange project.  Use of the DSA provides a secure, streamlined method for sharing data among agencies.

HealthChoice (0)

Members (3)

A qualifying event is a life status change that allows a person to make midyear changes to insurance coverage.

For current employees, your employer's Section 125 Plan may recognize only certain qualifying events as defined by the IRS. Check with your employer's plan administrator for specific information.

Qualifying events may include:

  • Change in your legal marital status, including marriage, divorce or death of your spouse
  • Change in the number of your dependents, such as the birth of a child
  • Change in employment status that affects the eligibility of you, your spouse or your dependent
  • Change in your dependent's eligibility status
  • Change in coverage of your spouse or dependent under another employer's plan or loss of individual coverage 
  •  Commencement or termination of adoption or guardianship procedures
  • Judgments, decrees or orders 
  • Medicare eligibility
  • Medicaid – limited to two changes per plan year; once out and once back in or vice versa
  • Family and Medical Leave Act 

All changes to coverage must be in compliance with the provisions of your employer's Section 125 Plan, or if no 125 Plan is offered, in compliance with allowed midyear coverage changes as defined by Title 26, Section 125, of the Internal Revenue Codes (as amended) and pertinent regulations. Current employees must contact their insurance/benefits coordinator at work within 30 days of the qualifying event to make changes to coverage. Changes are effective the first day of the following month.

For former employees, eligible dependents can be added only within 30 days of the following qualifying events:

  • Birth, adoption or legal guardianship
  • Marriage
  • Loss of other group coverage; certain exceptions apply to the loss of individual health coverage. Refer to HIPAA Special Enrollment Rights for more information.

Former employees must provide proof of the qualifying event to EGID.


HealthChoice Dental

If you receive dental care outside the United States, you must:

  • Make arrangements to pay for the services or supplies
  • Submit an itemized statement for reimbursement
  • Have claims translated into English with U.S. dollar amounts before you file your claim*
  • File the original claim along with the translation; the plan does not pay any costs for translating claims or dental records

*Charges must be converted to U.S. dollars using the exchange rates applicable for the dates of service.

Itemized bills should be sent to:

P.O. Box 99011
Lubbock, TX 79490-9011

Allowable fees are paid at the non-network benefit level and are subject to plan provisions.

Other Dental Plans

Contact your dental plan for benefit information.


HealthChoice High, High Alternative, Basic, and Basic Alternative Plans, and High Deductible Health Plan

Network Providers

HealthChoice network providers are required by contract to submit claims for you using the appropriate form. Payment is made to the network provider. 

Non-Network Providers

Non-network providers are not required to submit claims on your behalf. In these situations, you are responsible for ensuring your claim is filed using the appropriate form for processing. Items such as cash register receipts, pull-apart forms and billing statements are not acceptable.

If you use a non-network provider, you can ask if the provider can submit the claim on your behalf using the appropriate form or if they can provide you with a completed form so that you can file the claim yourself.

Note: Due to copyright laws, these forms cannot be made available on the HealthChoice website, and HealthChoice does not maintain a supply of these forms.
Non-network claims are usually paid to you; however, you can choose to have your benefits paid directly to your provider.

Send your claims to: 

P.O. Box 99011
Lubbock, TX 79490-9011

For questions or additional information, call the HealthChoice medical and dental claims administrator toll-free at 800-323-4314. TTY users call 711 or toll-free 800-545-8279.

HealthChoice SilverScript Medicare Supplement and HealthChoice Medicare Supplement Without Part D Members

Once Medicare processes your claim, it is automatically filed with your HealthChoice Medicare supplement plan. Be sure your provider has a copy of your most current Medicare and HealthChoice ID cards.


Option Period 2019 (21)

What is the HealthChoice Tobacco-Free Attestation?

To enroll or remain enrolled in the HealthChoice High or Basic Plan for upcoming Plan Year, you must attest that you and your covered dependents are tobacco-free by completing the online HealthChoice High and Basic Plans Tobacco-Free Attestation.

You can access the attestation on the EGID Option Period webpage.

If you cannot access the attestation, contact your benefits/insurance coordinator or call HealthChoice Member Services at 405-717-8780 or toll-free 800-752-9475. TDD users call 405-949-2281 or toll-free 866-447-0436.

What is the difference between the HealthChoice Alternative Plans and the regular HealthChoice plans?

The HealthChoice alternative plans are designed for tobacco users. The individual deductibles for these plans are $250 higher than the regular plans. All other benefits, limits and exclusions are the same.

If a tobacco-free attestation or reasonable alternative is not completed and submitted, you and your dependents will be enrolled in the corresponding HealthChoice Alternative plan.

When do my Option Period changes go into effect?

Option Period elections are effective on Jan. 1 of the new plan year.

Will I get a new ID card after Option Period?

If you are a new HealthChoice member or have added or dropped a spouse and/or dependents, you will receive a new ID card. If you are a current HealthChoice member, you will not receive a new medical or pharmacy ID card.

HealthChoice High, High Alternative, Basic, Basic Alternative Plans, and High Deductible Health Plan

To request additional or replacement medical and/or dental ID cards, call the HealthChoice medical and dental claims administrator toll-free at 800-323-4314. TDD users call 711 or toll-free 800-545-8279.

To request additional or replacement pharmacy ID cards, call the HealthChoice pharmacy benefit manager at 877-720-9375 or TDD 711.

HealthChoice Medicare Supplement Plan

To request additional or replacement medical and/or dental ID cards, call the medical and dental claims administrator toll-free at 800-323-4314. TDD users call 711 or toll-free 800-545-8279.

To request additional or replacement pharmacy ID cards, call the pharmacy benefit manager at 866-275-5253 or TDD 711.

I didn't get my Option Period materials, what do I do?

Current Employees
Contact your insurance/benefits coordinator at work if you did not receive your Option Period packet which includes:

  • Your personalized Option Period Enrollment/Change Form.
  • Monthly Premium Chart.
  • Plan Contact Information.

The Employee Benefit Options Guide and the Benefits Enrollment Guide are both available on the OMES website. The Employee Benefit Options Guide can be found on the EGID webpage. The Benefits Enrollment Guide for state employees can be found on the EBD webpage.

Former Employees, Survivors and COBRA Participants
Option Period materials are available by:

  • Calling EGID Member Services at 405-717-8780 or toll-free 800-752-9475; TDD users call 405-949-2281 or toll-free 866-447-0436 to have materials mailed to you

Please confirm your email and mailing address with EGID Member Services.

Note: If you retired or are retiring after Oct. 1 of the current year, please contact EGID Member Services for the appropriate materials.

Will the amount being drafted from my bank account automatically change when my coverage or premiums change?

Yes. You will receive a letter advising you of the new amount that will be drafted from your account.

Will I receive any confirmation for the Option Period changes I made?

Yes. If you make changes to your coverage, you will receive a Confirmation Statement from the Employees Group Insurance Division (EGID) or if you are a state employee, a Confirmation of Benefits Statement from the Employees Benefits Department (EBD). The statement identifies:

  • Your coverage for the upcoming plan year.
  • The effective date of your coverage.
  • Your monthly premium (before any contribution from your employer or retirement system).

The statement allows you to review the changes to your coverage so that errors can be identified and corrected.

You should report errors on your statement as soon as possible. To report errors:

  • Current employees should contact their insurance/benefits coordinator at work.
  • Former employees, survivors and COBRA participants should call HealthChoice Member Services directly at 405-717-8780 or toll-free 800-752-9475. TDD users call 405-949-2281 or toll-free 866-447-0436.

Once corrections are made, an amended statement is sent to you.

Note: If you do not make changes to your coverage during Option Period, and you are not automatically enrolled in one of the HealthChoice alternative plans, you will not receive a Confirmation Statement. Please keep your Option Period Enrollment/Change Form as proof of your coverage.

I am a retired employee and will turn 65 on or after the first of the new plan year, how do I complete my Option Period Enrollment Form?

You are strongly encouraged to attend one of the Retiree Option Period Meetings for Medicare eligible members to learn more about your options.

Your Option Period form should be completed with the coverage options you wish to enroll in for the next plan year. Keep in mind, the medical plan you choose will impact your Medicare coverage options when you turn 65. 

What if I need to change my Option Period elections after I've returned my form?

Education and Local Government Employees and State Employees with non-Employees Benefits Department (EBD) of Human Capital Management Employers

Prior to Nov. 1, you can make changes to your original Option Period elections by contacting your insurance coordinator to complete a blank Option Period Enrollment/Change Form. Please write "Supersede" at the top of the form.

State Employees with EBD Employers

You must contact your benefits coordinator to complete a new Option Period Form. Please write "Supersede" at the top of the form. If you are making your benefit elections online, you can make changes to your online enrollment through Oct. 30.

Former Employees, Survivors and COBRA Participants

Prior to the Dec. 7, deadline, you can make changes to your original Option Period elections by:

  • Calling member services at 405-717-8780 or toll-free 800-752-9475. TDD users call 405-949-2281, or toll-free 866-447-0436 and requesting a form.
  • Downloading a blank form from the OMES website and mailing it to EGID.*
  • Writing to EGID at 3545 N.W. 58th St., Ste. 600, Oklahoma City, OK, 73112.*

*Whether sending in a form or just making your request in writing, you must write "Supersede" at the top. This "supersede" form must be postmarked no later than Dec. 7.

How do I get information on the plans offered through EGID?

Plan information can be found in your Option Period materials and on the EGID webpage of the OMES website. If you need additional information, plan contact numbers can be found on the Contact Information pages of your guide and also on the Helpful Numbers page of the
OMES website.

When and how will I receive my Option Period materials?

Education, Local Government, and State Employees with non-Employees Benefits Department (EBD) of Human Capital Management Employers

Your Option Period packet is either mailed to you or distributed to you by your insurance coordinator at work.

State Employees with EBD Employers

Contact your benefits coordinator at work for information about your Option Period materials.

Pre-Medicare Former Employees

Your Option Period packet will be mailed to you and will include information on how to access your Option Period guide.

Medicare-Eligible Former Employees

Option Period materials, including Option Period Enrollment/Change Forms, will be mailed to you.

If you do not receive your Option Period materials, please contact your insurance coordinator or EGID Member Services at 405-717-8780 or toll-free 800-752-9475. TDD users call 405-949-2281 or toll-free TDD 866-447-0436.

What is the deadline for turning in my Option Period Enrollment/Change Form?

Education, Local Government, and State Employees with non-Employees Benefits Department (EBD) of Human Capital Management, a division of the Office of Management and Enterprise Services Employers

Your insurance coordinator at work determines when your Option Period Enrollment/Change Form is to be completed and returned. Check with your coordinator about the need to return your form even if you are not making any changes.

State Employees with EBD Employers

You must complete and return your Option Period Form to your benefits coordinator or complete your benefit elections online by Oct. 31. For online enrollment information, contact your benefits coordinator. If you are enrolling in a HealthChoice High, High Alternative, Basic, or Basic Alternative plan, the Tobacco-Free Attestation must be completed as part of the enrollment process.

Former Employees, Survivors and COBRA Participants

If making changes, your Option Period Enrollment/Change Form must be postmarked by Dec. 7 and mailed to:

P.O. Box 58010
Oklahoma City, OK 73157

Pre-Medicare former employees, survivors and COBRA participants, must complete the Tobacco-Free Attestation, if applicable, as part of the enrollment process.

Do I have to return my Option Period Enrollment Form?

Current Employees

Check with your insurance/benefits coordinator about the need to return your form even if you are not making any changes. Your insurance/benefits coordinator sets the deadline for you to return your Option Period Enrollment/Change Form.

Former Employees

If you are making changes to your coverage, your Option Period Enrollment/Change Form must be postmarked by Dec. 7. If you are not making changes to your coverage, you are not required to return your form.

Current Employees and Pre-Medicare Former Employees

To enroll or remain enrolled in the HealthChoice High or Basic Plan for upcoming Plan Year, you must attest that you and your covered dependents are tobacco-free by completing the HealthChoice High and Basic Plans Tobacco-Free Attestation.

I have HealthChoice health and dental coverage. Will I receive an ID card for each plan?

For HealthChoice Plans

No. For HealthChoice Plans, new members are mailed an ID card for health and/or dental coverage and a separate ID card for prescription benefits. 

What are the premiums for the plans offered through EGID?

Premiums are for a calendar year. If you change employment status during the year, e.g., current employee to pre-Medicare former employee, your premiums will change to those matching your new employment status. Age-rated life insurance premiums change as your age increases and are based on your age as of Jan. 1 of the current plan year.

To find the current premiums, visit the Premium web page.

How is the HealthChoice High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) different from the HealthChoice High, High Alternative, Basic, and Basic Alternative Plans?

The High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) is a qualified high deductible health plan intended to be used with a Health Savings Account (HSA). 


  • A higher deductible.
  • The deductible must be met before any benefits, other than preventive services, are paid by the plan.
  • If you have family (2 or more) coverage, the entire family deductible must be met before any benefits, other than preventive services, are paid for any covered family member.
  • Medical and pharmacy expenses combined apply to the deductible and network out-of-pocket maximum.


  • You must meet the deductible before copays will apply.

Calendar Year Out-of-Pocket Maximum

  • Out-of-pocket maximums are individual $6,000 and family of two or more $12,000.
  • Only network medical and pharmacy preferred copays and coinsurance combined count toward the individual or family out-of-pocket maximum.
  • If you have family (2 or more) coverage, the entire family out-of-pocket maximum must be met before network benefits are paid at 100 percent of allowable fees for any family member.

Does HealthChoice offer a Health Savings Account (HSA)?

While you can establish your HSA anywhere you choose, the Employees Group Insurance Division (EGID) contracts with American Fidelity Health Services Administration to make establishing and keeping a Health Savings Account (HSA) easier and more convenient for HealthChoice High Deductible Health Plan members. The monthly maintenance fee is waived as long as you continue to participate through EGID.

 What is the HealthChoice High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) and how does it work?

The HealthChoice High Deductible Health Plan is a qualified high deductible health plan intended for use with a Health Savings Account (HSA). Proof of enrollment in an HSA is not required.

Note: Not available to Medicare eligible former employees.

Refer to the HealthChoice Health Handbook for information on covered services, claim procedures, eligibility and plan exclusions and limitations.

Can I enroll online?

Online enrollment is not available through EGID.

Note: Only current state employees with the Human Capital Management Employees Benefits Department (EBD), a division of the Office of Management and Enterprise Services, can make Option Period changes to coverage online. Contact your benefits coordinator at work for more information.

When are the premium rates set?

Premiums for the next plan year are adopted in August.

What is Option Period?

Option Period is the annual enrollment period when current and former employees can make plan elections for the upcoming year.

Current Employees

During Option Period, current employees can make the following changes for themselves and their dependents:

  • Enroll in plans.
  • Change plans or drop coverage.
  • Increase or decrease life insurance coverage.
  • Add or drop eligible family members from coverage

Former Employees

During Option Period, former employees can:

  • Change health and/or dental plans currently in place.
  • Drop coverage and/or dependents.
  • Decrease life insurance coverage.
  • Enroll in or change vision plans.

Provider (15)

Effective Jan. 1, 2018, HealthChoice is partnering with ECHO Health, a payment disbursement service, to provide support for EFT and ERA processes.

EFTs and clearinghouse ERA delivery preferences for dates of service in 2018 will be maintained by ECHO Health.

HealthChoice encourages providers and facilities to reach out to ECHO Health Customer Service toll-free at 844-586-7463 if your organization:

  • Does not currently have access to ECHO Health’s provider portal,
  • Would like to automate the ERA delivery through your preferred clearinghouse partner. Please note that if existing clearinghouse routing is in place, this will be maintained.


To request certification, print a copy of the applicable certification form. Please complete the form and fax it directly to the HealthChoice Health Care Management Unit. To access the following certification forms, follow the links below:

SilverScript Plan Members 
To request a Part D prior authorization, contact CVS/caremark toll-free at 855-344-0930.

Current employees, Pre-Medicare Former Employees and Without Part D Plan Members 
To request a prior authorization, contact CVS/caremark toll-free at 800-294-5979.

Please refer to the HealthChoice Network Provider Manual for more information.


Access to limited fee schedule information is available on the HealthChoice provider website. Use the following link to view the fee schedule. If you need further information regarding the fee schedule, please contact the HealthChoice Network Management Unit at 405-717-8970 or toll-free 844-804-2642 and a network management specialist will assist you.

HealthChoice Fee Schedule Search


You can print a copy of the appropriate change form online by selecting Provider Forms in the Provider drop-down menu. You can also contact HealthChoice Network Management and a change form will be sent to you. Please complete and return the change form as soon as possible using the fax number provided on the form. If you make a change to your TIN, please enclose an updated W-9 form as verification. When your change form is received, the provider database will be updated and your new information will be forwarded to the claims administrator. The HealthChoice Provider Contract requires that all changes be reported to HealthChoice within 15 days of the date of the change.


Claims and eligibility information are available online through the HealthChoice provider portal, HealthChoice Connect, at

If you are unable to access the information using HealthChoice Connect, please contact the claims administrator toll-free at 800-323-4314 or TTY 800-545-8279.


Generally, your application will take no more than 15 business days to process once we receive your completed application and supporting documentation. Your contract will become effective the day we process your application. You will receive written confirmation of the effective date via mail. If you would like to verify your effective date, you may do so through our provider self-service at


Please provide us with a either a Network Provider Change Form or a Network Provider Additional Location Form, both located at Please be sure to provide these forms prior to their effective date, or there will be a break in network coverage causing claims to deny or process as non-network.  Be sure to include a new W-9.


Please contact CVS/caremark at the following numbers and they will assist you in requesting authorization for a non-preferred medication.

SilverScript Plan Members 
To request a Part D prior authorization, contact CVS/caremark toll-free at 855-344-0930.

Current employees, Pre-Medicare Former Employees and Without Part D Plan Members 
To request a prior authorization, contact CVS/caremark toll-free at 800-294-5979.


Please contact certification administrator toll-free at 800-323-4314. HealthChoice requires that all non-emergency hospital admissions are certified at least three working days before the actual admission. Maternity admissions for delivery stays do not require certification.

Emergency admissions require notification within 24 hours (one business day) of the actual admission date. Holiday or weekend admissions must be certified by the next business day following the date of hospital confinement. The hospital, physician and the member will all receive notification verifying certification has been granted.

Please refer to the HealthChoice Network Provider Manual for more information.

Or, you can begin the certification process by completing the online certification found at


Yes. Certification is required for certain outpatient surgical and diagnostic imaging procedures. 

Certification is a review process used to determine if certain services are medically necessary according to HealthChoice guidelines. Certification is performed by either the HealthChoice certification administrator or by the HealthChoice Health Care Management Unit, depending on the type of service.

The provider must obtain certification under certain situations, including when the member or the member’s covered dependents: 

  • Are admitted to a hospital or are advised to enter a hospital.
  • Require certain surgical procedures that are performed in an outpatient facility.
  • Require certain diagnostic imaging procedures.

For more information, please refer to the HealthChoice Network Provider Manual.


The claims administrator administers all health, dental and life claims on behalf of HealthChoice. Submit paper claims, correspondence and medical records to:

P.O. Box 99011
Lubbock, TX 79490-9011

Submit appeals and provider inquiries to:

P.O. Box 3897
Little Rock, AR 72203-3897

To ensure timely claims processing, the following information must be included on a CMS-1500, UB-04, or ADA form:

Patient’s name
Primary insured’s name
Primary insured’s ID number
Provider’s name and tax ID number
Provider’s billing address
Date(s) of service
ICD or DSM diagnosis codes
CPT/HCPCS, DRG, CDT, or ASA codes with the appropriate modifiers

Itemized charges are required for all outpatient hospital services. Forms must be completed as required by CMS guidelines.


Providers can appeal a claim by submitting a letter to the medical and dental claims administrator at the address designated for appeals and provider inquiries within one year of the date on the first notice of the adverse determination.

Network providers can request a second level appeal if the initial appeal is upheld and the network provider has additional information to submit for review. Submit a letter requesting another appeal of the claim to the medical and dental claims administrator at the address that follows.

Appeals and Provider Inquires
P.O. Box 3897
Little Rock, AR 72203-3897

Second level appeals are available only to participating network providers and should include any additional documentation if available.


Approximately 187,000 lives are covered under the HealthChoice Plans. HealthChoice covers active and retired state, education and local government employees and their dependents.


You may have made changes to your provider information that has not been reported to HealthChoice. Contact network management to verify your information or you can reference the Provider Self Service site and verify that the information in our records is correct. When information in the provider database is incorrect, it often causes claims to be pended or paid incorrectly.

If your claim was paid incorrectly because of an error made by HealthChoice, please contact the claims administrator toll-free at 800-323-4314 or TTY 800-545-8279.


Electronic claims can be submitted through your claims clearinghouse by using payer ID number 71064. This number identifies HealthChoice as the claims administrator.


Purchasing - eProcurement (33)

  • Steps to the lifecycle of the ePro Requisition (i.e. requisition, approvals, PO, Inventory, invoicing and Payment)
  • Detail information for each step. By clicking on approval, you can see where in the approval process the requisition is. By clicking on Invoice or Payment you can see detailed information on the finances of the purchase.
  • Audit Trail information – auditors can use ePro to track Requisition, Approval and Purchase Order information

Additional instructions for auditing ePro Requisitions/Purchase Orders for IT purchasing may be found online.

Yes, ISD will provide annual ePro updates.

OMES has set metrics for expected turnaround times and staffing resources are based on the calls received. If ISD takes phone calls and e-mails directly, the data we are tracking is not accurately reflected. Furthermore, by tracking the calls trends can be summarized and communicated in a more effective manner.

It is important so the Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) can verify the accuracy of a vendor’s reported usage, including any administrative fees. It is also important because the state has identified performance metrics that include goals for utilization of enterprise and statewide contracts. Therefore, OMES will send the requisition back to the agency to correct the data. If OMES corrects the data on behalf of the agency; the agency may never become aware of the need, or complete the requisition correctly in the future.

Yes, you can create an ePro requisition to initiate a change order to an existing PO that was not created via ePro. Please review the instructions.

Not at this time. The piece to allow the change order process on ePro has not yet been implemented.
Select Special Request, Special Item, fill out the required fields and select ADD, re-enter the information and select ADD. Continue until all required lines are selected.
Under ePro, select 'Buyer Center,' select 'Expedite Requisitions,' enter your agency number, and click search. Select the requisition that you need and select Enter. Once the process runs your PO is in an open status. Step by step instructions are found on pages 54-57 of the CORE 452 ePro manual.
When the requisition is being sourced, and faults out requiring it to be unstaged due to an error, you will be unable to change the price or the quantity. Contact the OMES Service Desk at or (405) 521-2444 if this problem arises.
A Category Code that is not in the IT catalog was used. This usually this happens because a non-IT catalog ID had been used and no workflow can be assigned. It can also happen if the agency number has not been set up in workflow yet. If it is truly an IT category code that needs to be added, a help desk case should be submitted. After the code (either item or category) is added, then the ePro approval should work correctly. If it is not an IT item, then follow normal non-IT processes.

Contact the OMES Service Desk at or (405) 521-2444 with your request.

The requisition flows through ISD Procurement and the ISD Business Segment Director assigned to your agency. ISD Procurement’s goal is to have their review done within 2 business days, and then the Business Segment Director has a goal of 3 business days for completion of review. If the purchase is outside of the agency’s purchasing threshold or the purchase is for business unit 090, the procurement will be completed by ISD, after approval from the Business Segment Director. All change orders should be completed by ISD within 3 business days of approval from the Business Segment Director. Simple renewals are generally 3 business days as well. The goal for new solicitations is 30 days from receipt of completed documents and approval from the ISD Business Segment Director. During renewals estimated times may be extended to accommodate the volume received.

ePro recognizes all file formats, with the exception of .docx. When attaching documents to ePro, it is best to use a .pdf format.

Effective Sept. 1, 2012, the State of Oklahoma Chief Information Officer (CIO) is requiring the storage of all procurement files electronically within the PO in PeopleSoft. This includes any attachments, quotes, Word, Excel, PDFs, etc. State generated modifiable files must be included here. This policy will be for all purchase orders (and corresponding documentation) regardless of whether the purchase order was created by the agency or another agency on their behalf. NOTE: Confidential or proprietary documents should be cleansed prior to attaching in ePro.

When personnel leave your organization, the OMES Service Desk and Linda Belinski should be notified to remove their access. Also to add new personnel, forms should be submitted to

Record destruction is authorized and granted by the Oklahoma Department of Libraries. To review the requirements visit
Change the default buyer in the line details to the certified procurement officer (CPO) that will be processing the PO. The buyer’s name should be your agency CPO or, if outside your purchasing threshold, select a buyer at ISD procurement, or just leave it blank.
Review the approval section for comments or explanation. If correctable, please fix and resubmit the requisition. Otherwise, the requestor at the agency should cancel the requisition. Not cancelling the requisition can create a pre-encumbrance and potential budget problem.
Emergency purchases due to a system outage may be purchased with immediate follow up to the appropriate Business Segment Director. The e-Pro requisition will need to be submitted with full details as soon as possible.

If you have a category code that you feel should be added to the IT Catalog, please submit a Service Desk case listing the Category Code, description and request that it be added to ePro IT Catalog.

If a contract is a Category Code contract, you will not be able to attach the lines, only the contract ID. Usual causes of not being able to attach these items are the result of the vendor location, Vendor ID, or Item Code/Category Code used being incorrect.

The requesting unit should have someone trained in ePro to enter the requisition. Information Services Division (ISD) Purchasing will complete the PO once all approvals have been obtained.

This contract has been added to the IT Catalog tree, you can add them now. If you are unable to pull any item ID from any ITSW, please contact the OMES Service Desk for assistance.

The agency level approval process is based on workflow for the agency that was previously submitted. Approvals are tied to DCS Form 001.
Through the month of October 2012, you may come to the OMES building on Tuesdays and Thursdays for training (except for Oct. 9, 2012, when no training will be offered). You do not have to sign up to come to the lab. The lab hours will be from 9-11:30 a.m. and 1:30-4 p.m. on a come and go basis. After this date, agency personnel will be responsible for training their new employees. Once you have been trained, please submit a Form 301 ePro for access.

The requesting unit should have someone trained in ePro to enter the requisition. Information Services Division (ISD) Purchasing will complete the PO once all approvals have been obtained.


You need to set up you e-mail notifications in My System Profile. To do this, go to My System Profile and check the box ‘Email User’ under ‘Workflow Attributes’ and enter the e-mail address and select primary e-mail account.
It is important to note that you may not receive notifications if you were not the requestor and are not the buyer.
Make sure ‘Email User’ and ‘Worklist User’ boxes are checked under Workflow Attributes.


Go to ePro, then Buyer Center, and select Expedite Requisitions. Enter the Agency Number and the Requisition Number on the appropriate lines and then click Submit.
Also, see the COR452 e-Procurement Manual, pages 54-57 for details at
P-card purchase information may be found in the IT and Telecom ePro Requisition Procedures Manual beginning on page 13. The manual can be found at under Popular Links.
Send them to your agency P-card administrator. P-card logs and documentation should be kept by the agency P-card administrator.
Contact the OMES Service Desk - or (405) 521-2444 - and submit a ticket with the PO number. OMES Purchasing staff will contact the person who needs the change made to open the applicable contract and make an adjustment to the contract so that the change order can be processed.
  • Paperless requisition process saves time and money
  • Easily source to Purchase Order (PO)
  • Improve tracking of approvals
  • Electronic document storage
  • Overall efficiency
  • Transparency - feedback simplifies audit compliance
  • Built in security for approvals

P-Card (7)

P-Card purchases are subject to Statewide Accounting Manual, Chapter 50.10.06, Section J, Advance Prepayments.

The P-Card can be used for conference registration when:

  1. Discount is provided for paying in advance;
  2. Can substitute a participant; and
  3. If event is canceled, cardholder receives a full refund.

Registration fees for conferences, meetings, seminars and similar events whereby in special situations an organization requires preregistration along with payment and by standard policy will not accept a state purchase order/contract in lieu of payment, documentation on the vendor's stationary describing this fact must be sent together with the claim to OMES for consideration of approval or disapproval.


OMES is responsible for downloading Fund Type-Class information and all authorized account codes, Department ID-Program Code, and CFDA information.  Agencies wanting other information available for use in Works must contact the State P-card & Travel Office.


Comp = Complete
Requires the selected segment contain a legitimate value in order for allocation to be considered complete (i.e., certain GL fields have to be populated and if not, a red “x” will appear).

For example, a red “x” will appear if the Dept ID field is left blank.

Val = Valid
Are values that are acceptable for use in each GL segment and in conjunction with the values entered in the other segments of a GL combination (i.e., Fund Type-Class, Dept ID and Bus Unit have to be entered in the Works tables individually as well as together in a combination.)

For example, a red “x” will appear if the Fund Type-Class, Dept ID and Bus Unit fields were not entered in the Works tables as an acceptable combination of codes.

Auth = Authorized
Are values the user is allowed to use based on the GL authorization profile assigned to the user or the user’s group (i.e., some codes are entered in the Works tables for a particular agency; a different agency would get a red “x” if those codes were used).
Am I responsible for “Batching” my agency’s transactions in Works?
No, batching will be performed by the State Purchase Card Administrator’s division.  


Yes, a Voucher will be created; however, payments will not be processed for a State Entity with a cumulative credit balance.  Nevertheless, the State Entity must build the voucher and attach the invoice.  Retain the voucher, the invoice, and batch slip until there are debit vouchers sufficient to offset the credit.  Once there are sufficient charges to recoup the credit, the batch slip listing the unpaid vouchers from the prior and the current billing cycles should accompany the vouchers with the required invoice documentation.


The ComData card must be used to purchae fuel for all state-owned vehicles.  If purchasing bulk fuel, please issue a PO.  The p-card will not remove the Federal Excise taxes and should not be used.  For fuel for rental vehicles while in travel status, refer to the P-card & OBT Procedures or contact the State P-card & Travel Office.


Yes, if the membership is an agency membership, transferable and within the P-Card statutory limits. See OSF Procedures Manual, Chapter 300, Section 318.C.3.


Yes, merchants can impose a $10 minimum on P-Card transactions.  Prior to the Durbin Amendment (add-on to the Dodd-Frank Act signed July 21, 2010), Visa and Master Card’s operating rules banned this limitation.

Can the vendor require a minimum charge to use my P-Card on a Statewide Contract issued by Central Purchasing?
No, the merchant cannot impose a $10 minimum on P-Card transactions for purchases from Statewide Contract; however, the Statewide Contract may contain a minimum order amount.

Am I in violation of Split Purchasing for purchases of different items, made to the same vendor, totaling greater than $5,000.00, but on different dates?
The cardholder cannot divide a transaction with a vendor for different items to get below the $5,000.00 statutory single transaction limit (purchases from Statewide Contract, Regulated Utilities, Interagency Payments, and Professional Services pursuant to Title 18 § 803 have unlimited dollar amounts, see Title 74 § 85.5.L.).  Law puts a $5,000.00 cap on single standard purchase card transactions.  This generally relates to when a cardholder tells the vendor to process two transactions at the time of purchase to allow the transactions to go through the card machine.  However, if the cardholder did not know they were going to make the additional purchases at the time of the original purchase, then each purchase is compliant.  Even if the cardholder knew they were going to make the additional purchases at the time of the original purchase, there may be additional reasons the purchase would be in compliance such as lack of funding at the time of the original purchase.  

Split Purchasing means dividing a known quantity or failing to consolidate a known quantity of an acquisition for the purpose of evading a competitive bidding requirement.  “Known quantity” and “intent” are key factors in determining split purchasing.  To determine if split purchasing occurred in the scenario above, more research would have to be done.  Questions to be answered:  Were these items all part of a single approval or approved at the same time to be  purchased?  When cardholder made the original purchase, did they know of the subsequent purchases to be made?  Do vendors typically carry all the items?  Was the lack of funding during the time of the original purchase an issue?

For more information regarding Split Purchasing, please see DCS PIM-09-03


assets/facilities/sustainability (5)

Water Efficiency Strategies:

  • Use efficient fixtures such as low-flow toilets, faucets, and showerheads.
  • Use nonpotable water for landscaping and for use in toilets.
  • Use xeriscaping, which is landscaping design that focuses on using plants that are native to an area and therefore require little water.

For more information on saving water at work and at home, visit the EPA's WaterSense program.

Alternative Fuel Vehicles are vehicles that use low-polluting, non-gasoline fuels, such as electricity, hydrogen, propane or compressed natural gas, liquid natural gas, methanol and ethanol. 

Information on AFV Laws & Incentives in the State of Oklahoma.

A Carbon Footprint is a measure of the impact our activities have on the environment, and in particular, climate change. It relates to the amount of greenhouse gases produced in our day-to-day lives through burning fossil fuels for electricity, heating, transportation, etc.

According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, a division of the Department of Energy, the major greenhouse gases the United States emitted as a result of human activity in 2008 (and their share of total emissions, based on global warming potential) were:

  • Carbon dioxide (82.8%)
  • Methane (10.5%)
  • Nitrous oxide (4.3%)
  • Hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), perfluorocarbons (PFCs), and sulfur hexafluoride (collectively 2.5%)

There are other greenhouse gases that are not counted in U.S. or international greenhouse gas inventories:

  • Water vapor is the most abundant greenhouse gas, but most scientists believe that water vapor produced directly by human activity contributes very little to the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere, and therefore EIA does not estimate emissions of water vapor. Recent research by NASA suggests a stronger impact from the indirect human effects on water vapor concentrations.
  • Ozone is technically a greenhouse gas because it has an effect on global temperature. However, at higher elevations in the atmosphere (stratosphere), where it occurs naturally, it is needed to block harmful UV light. At lower elevations of the atmosphere (troposphere) it is harmful to human health and is a pollutant regulated independently of its warming effects.

These gases are transparent to incoming solar (short-wave) radiation, but block infrared (long-wave) radiation from leaving Earth's atmosphere. Therefore, they trap radiation from the sun and warm the planet's surface. As concentrations of these gases increase, more warming occurs than would happen naturally.  

Emissions of Greenhouse Gases in the U.S. reports EIAs latest annual emissions data.

The Three Pillars of Sustainability are environmental, social and economic demands. Sustainable development is "development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.". This requires the reconciliation of all three pillars, which are not mutually exclusive, and can be mutually reinforcing. 

Oracle LEARN (0)

Accessing LEARN (4)

If your agency is not listed, it means they do not maintain their own learning environment and you are already in the right place. Any agency-specific training that has been assigned to you will be accessible from the left hand navigation menu.


You will need to contact your agency administrator to have your password reset. Once you have successfully logged in, you can click the Account button on the left side navigation. Scroll to the bottom and you will see a link to edit your password recovery questions.


LEARN is equipped with a Forgot Password feature that should allow you to reset your password on your own. You will be required to answer the security questions you set up on your first login.


Start by contacting your agency administrator. They can set a temporary password to allow you to log in and set a permanent password. If you do not have an agency administrator, you may contact the OMES Service Desk at 521-2444 or


Enrolling in Classes (2)

Currently Security Education and Awareness Training (SEAT) is not available in LEARN. Contact Kindra Vaden, EISO Strategic Programs Manager at for more information on accessing SEAT training.

Contact your agency administrator and verify that your Reports To data is correct in the Peoplesoft system. If it has been recently changed, please allow 24 hours for it to take effect. If you are still not seeing the correct data, contact

REALS (32)

Fill out the easement application form, including payment for the easement application fee, and submit it to the OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services.


  • Real Property Disposal Fee: 4 percent of the total sales prices, deducted from the sale price.
  • Interagency Transfer or Exchange Fee: $200 flat fee with an hourly rate of $60 per hour for additional services such as research, space evaluation and assessment. Assessed when transfer or exchange of property is facilited between state agencies or entities. 
  • Easement Application Fees: $200 for the initial application and any subsequent applications for renewal or reinstatement. 
  • Surface Lease Fee: 6 percent of the total contract amount for the management of surface leases on state-owned land.
  • Mineral Royalties and Bonuses: 6 percent of the total contract amount.


  1. Notify OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services of the property that is to be leased. We will request information such as acreage, proposed uses (such as grazing, hay, crops, etc.) and any special restrictions. 
  2. OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will create auction dates, bid information and advertising. 
  3. OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will run the auction, including site visits for inspection of the property, and conduct a bid opening with any received bids at the end of the auction period. The auction period is normally about one month long.
  4. At the close of the auction, OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will notify the winning bidder and request a list of expenses from your agency for reimbursement.
  5. After the winner has been notified, OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will have them sign a contract and pay the remaining amount for their first year. OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will disburse the funds at this time.


  1. Notify OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services of the surplus property. We will request information on the property. 
  2. OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will seek approval from the Long-Range Capital Planning Commission (LRCPC) to sell/transfer the property. 
  3. Once approval from the LRCPC has been obtained, agency will obtain an appraisal of the property, possibly a survey and abstract. 
  4. Once the appraisal is obtained, OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will create advertising and bid information. 
  5. OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will run the auction, including site visits for inspection of the property, and conduct a bid opening with any received bids at the end of the auction period. 
  6. At the close of the auction, OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will notify the winning bidder, execute the contract and work with your agency. 
  7. OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will create the deed for transfer of the property for your agency to sign and set a closing date with the buyer. 
  8. After closing, OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services will disburse money from the sale to the Maintenance of State Buildings Revolving Fund minus fees and reimbursements.


Contact OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services to inform them of the surplus property. They will then begin the process of disposing the property.


The OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services office compiles a list of property from state agencies and publishes it on the OMES website at the end of December. The Real Property Inventory can be found on and at


Go to, hover on Services and choose Real Estate & Leasing Services, then choose Forms & Reports listed under Resources.


The agency must have specific statutory authority to purchase or lease-purchase real property. If the agency has such authority, contact the OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services office for information regarding this type of transaction.    


The agency must use a Change of Lessor form to make a change of ownership of a property.


A lease is a legally binding contract; therefore the agency is legally entitled to occupy the space until the end of the last option period.


The owner is legally bound by the terms and conditions of the Lease Agreement and cannot increase the rent until the expiration of the last option year.


A Renewal Lease Agreement form will not be required if both the following conditions exist:

  • There are any options remaining to renew the existing lease for another year; and,
  • All terms and conditions remain the same unless a change has occurred via a legal alteration to the lease which had been authorized by REALS.

Proper documentation of payment of ad valorem taxes and a Certificate of Liability Insurance are still required with a renewal via Change Order.


  • A current Certificate of Insurance. 
  • Documentation of lessor’s payment of current ad valorem taxes from the county treasurer.
  • Purchase requisition or purchase order showing the new contract period.


Yes. Notification of changes to the lease is required in accordance with specific language in the applicable Lease Agreement. If the lessor failed to give timely notification, then the lease may be renewed under the terms and conditions of the current contract period. 


  • Your agency will be responsible for requesting all inspections.
  • Asbestos: The inspection shall be done by the State Department of Labor.
  • Life Safety Code Inspection: The inspection can be done by either the state fire marshal or the applicable city fire marshal.


Your agency is responsible for requesting the inspection from the State Fire Marshal or the applicable City Fire Marshal.


Yes. At a minimum, the space should have an A.D.A. restroom and the entrance into the space must be accessible. The degree of compliance will be determined by the agency as determined necessary to meet appropriate staff and programmatic needs for the specific space. Consult the OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services office or your agency A.D.A. officer for assistance.


No. The state cannot legally make permanent improvements to private property (i.e., electrical, lighting, etc.). All construction/renovation costs are the responsibility of the property owner. If the agency requires an improvement after initial occupancy, contact the OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services office for assistance.


The ceiling, established by the Office of Management and Enterprise Services, is the maximum rental consideration to be made for non-state owned facilities. It is not to be interpreted as the standard rate, only as the maximum annual rate per square foot. Until further notice, rental rates are evaluated and considered on a case-by-case basis.


No. An agency can deal only with a building owner, building manager or primary listing broker of a property. 


Advertisement is mandatory if the authorized amount of space exceeds 2,500 square feet. An agency may also be required to advertise for space less than 2,500 square feet at the discretion of OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services.


No. Additional square footage is not allowed for the purpose of providing for private office space. Further, no private office within the total amount of space allowable to the agency can exceed 300 square feet.


Individual employees are not entitled to a specific amount of square footage. The allocated 150 square feet per full time employee is an allowance to the agency for the purposes of space planning.


The base formula for space allocation to an agency is 150 square feet per full time employee. Additional square footage may be allocated for special space needs (e.g., conference room, file cabinets, storage, etc.) if the space meets the criteria defined in OAC 260:95-1-4


No. The Space Request form must be approved by OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services prior to seeking new space. Ref: OAC 260:95-1-5.


In such case, the agency must still submit a Space Request form to OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services, and a written agreement will be required. Contact the OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services office for further instructions.


No. All leases for space, regardless of size and dollar value, must be authorized by OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services. Leasing of real property is not included in the Central Purchasing Act; therefore, Central Purchasing procedures and purchasing thresholds are not applicable.


An agency must submit a Space Request form to OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services. An agency is restricted from looking for space until the square footage authorization has been approved by OMES.


Click on the Real Estate and Leasing Services link in the left-side navigation on the Division of Capital Asset Management home page, then click the Forms link.


The OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services office provides general assistance to state agencies in all aspects of real property contracting, including easements, mineral leases, surface leases, purchase, sale or transfer of real property, acquisition of leased space, space reductions, reporting and contract management. The OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services office created and maintains a comprehensive list of all property owned or leased by the state. 


OMES is statutorily charged with the responsibility for the inventory of real property assets, assigning all space in state-owned and non-state-owned facilities, disposal of surplus real property, acquisition of real property, authorizing the amount of space to be used by state agencies, easements on state property and executing all real estate contracts on behalf of state agencies. The director of OMES has delegated these responsibilities to the OMES Real Estate and Leasing Services office.


  • Oklahoma State Statutes:
    • 61 O.S. § 908
    • 61 O.S. § 303
    • 61 O.S. § 327
    • 61 O.S. § 327.1
    • 62 O.S. § 908
    • 73 O.S. § 163
    • 74 O.S. § 61.8
    • 74 O.S. § 63
    • 74 O.S. § 94
  • Oklahoma Administrative Code:
    • Section - 260:95-1-1
    • Section - 260:95-1-2
    • Section - 260:95-1-3
    • Section - 260:95-1-4
    • Section - 260:95-1-5
    • Section - 260:95-1-6
    • Section - 260:95-1-7
    • Section - 260:100-1-1
    • Section - 260:100-1-2
    • Section - 260:100-1-3


Risk Management (12)

The State of Oklahoma is self-insured by Risk Management.


For property damage, two estimates or a repair bill and copy of title and registration are required.  Other documentation that may be submitted if incurred are estimates or receipts for vehicle rental, towing charges, lost wage statements, etc.  If the claim is for personal injury, then copies of all the medical bills and doctors’ reports are required.  Other documentation that may be submitted are medicine prescriptions,  medical aids, etc.


Risk Management cannot authorize any medical care. Each claim must be reviewed by the office of the Oklahoma Attorney General or authorized legal counsel to determine whether a claim will be approved.


Occasionally, Risk Management will assign an adjuster to review a property damage claim for a vehicle.


You would then need to fill out the claim form with both custodial parents names as the parent or guardian of the minor.  You would both need to sign the claim form.


Risk Management can not authorize a claimant to rent a vehicle.  Each claim must be reviewed by the office of the Oklahoma Attorney General or authorized legal counsel to determine whether a claim will be approved.  If a claim is approved, reasonable vehicle rental will be considered as part of the settlement of the claim.


A claimant has one hundred eighty (180) days from the date a claim is either denied or deemed denied by the passing of the ninety (90) day period to file a lawsuit. 51 O.S. §157(B).


By statute, a claimant cannot file a lawsuit until a claim has been denied or ninety (90) days has passed from the date the claim was filed with the State.  A lawsuit may not be filed if a tort claim was not filed.


By statute, the State has ninety (90) days from the date the claim is received to respond to the claim.  A claim must be filed in writing.  A telephone call does not constitute a claim.  If the State has not approved the claim or denied it, the claim is automatically deemed denied by law ninety (90) days after the claim was received.  51 O.S. §157(A).  A claim may be settled after the ninety (90) day period ends, but this does not stop or pause the time within which a claimant has to file a lawsuit, unless agreed to in writing.  The State makes every effort to investigate and respond to claims as quickly as possible.


A claimant must present a claim against the State within one (1) year of the date the loss or injury occurs.  If a claim is not filed within one (1) year of the date on which the loss occurs, then an individual is “forever barred” from bringing his or her claim.  51 O.S. §156. 


Only a claimant can file a claim against the State, its agencies or employees.


Navigate to Forms, Procedures & Surveys

Contact State Risk Management by mail, phone or fax


state-wide inventory assets (7)

Written notice of any information change must be submitted to DCAM within 30 days of the change. Agency inventory officer's name and mailing address must be submitted to DCAM by Jan. 15 each year.

Obtain approval from the Surplus Property Administrator by filling out a Surplus Property Transfer form (DCAM-FORM-SS-001A for property or DCAM-FORM-SS-001V for vehicles) and forwarding to State Surplus. Upon approval, complete a Agency Inventory Control form (DCAM-FORM-FIN-001A).

Complete a Surplus Property Transfer form (DCAM-FORM-SS-001) and specify that the item was traded in.

All surplus property must be sent to State Surplus, 2530 W. Reno Ave., Oklahoma City, (405) 525-2354, in accordance with State Surplus Property rules.

Aug. 15 - complete Inventory Model form (DCAM-FORM-FIN-003).

Yes, if they meet the threshold criteria discussed in question # 1.

Agency reporting thresholds are $2,500.00 for non-IT items and $500.00 for all IT items unless your agency, by permission, has a different set amount (see memo from 04/05/2010).

Information Services - Statutory Regulatory Reporting (5)

Contact the OMES Service Desk at 405-521-HELP or if you have any questions pertaining to this form, including with sign-on related issues.

Agencies should review the relevant statutes and administrative rules with legal counsel. The requirements for receiving, reporting and responding to accessibility complaints are defined there.

The due dates are in place to give OMES adequate time to compile and prepare the necessary information for state leadership as directed by the relevant statutes and administrative rules. We request that all agencies try to deliver their information to us as close to the due dates as possible to ensure that no agencies are listed as unreported when state leadership requests information. If a minor portion of information is not available for reporting by the due date, all other information should be reported. The missing information should be supplemented as soon as possible after the due date.

We recommend having your legal counsel review the statutes and administrative rules. If your counsel has further questions, let us know. We can put them in touch with a lawyer assigned to OMES Information Services.

Tribal Gaming (8)

Oklahoma does not have a central licensing process for gaming vendors. Under the Tribal-State Compacts, vendor licensing is done by the individual tribes/nations. Prospective vendors should contact the tribes for their specific requirements.


The IGRA requires net revenues from any tribal gaming operation are to be used for the following purposes:

  • fund tribal government operations
  • provide for the general welfare of the Indian tribe and its members
  • promote tribal economic development
  • donate to charitable organizations
  • help fund operations of local government agencies

If the tribe is able to adequately provide for these services and wishes to distribute net revenue in the form of a per capita payment to members of the tribe, the tribe must have a Revenue Allocation Plan (RAP), which is approved by the U.S. Secretary of the Interior.



Oklahoma gaming compacts are in effect until their expiration date of Jan. 1, 2020. The compacts may also be terminated by mutual consent of the Tribe and the State of Oklahoma.


Tribal-State compacts are agreements that establish the rules to govern the conduct of Class III gaming activities. Although a compact is negotiated between a tribe and a state, the U.S. Secretary of Interior must also approve the compact.



Federal law regulates two distinct types of gambling on Indian land. Under the IGRA, there are 2 major kinds of gambling, each with its own regulatory mechanism. (IGRA also recognizes a third form of Indian gaming, class I (meaning traditional tribal ceremonial games), but exempts it from both federal and state jurisdiction.)

Class II gambling is governed by a tribal ordinance that must meet federal guidelines and be approved by the NIGC. IGRA defines Class II gaming as bingo; when played in the same location as bingo – pull tabs, lotto, punch boards, tip jars, instant bingo, other games similar to bingo; and non-house banked card games authorized or not explicitly prohibited by the state in which the tribal operation is located.

Class III gambling is conducted under a compact that each tribe negotiates with the government of the state in which it is located. The compacts can apply those state laws to class III gambling that each party believes necessary for regulation. Class III gaming authorized by the Oklahoma State-Tribal gaming compacts, consists of electronic amusement games, electronic bonanza style bingo games, electronic instant bingo and non-house banked card games.


Indian tribes are the primary regulators of Class II gaming. Regulation of Class III gaming may be addressed in Tribal-State compacts and varies by state with tribes remaining the primary regulator in most states. In Oklahoma, the tribes are the primary regulators of both Class II and Class III gaming. Both Class II and Class III gaming are subject to the provisions of the IGRA and oversight by the NIGC.


Under the federal law gambling can be conducted on "Indian land." Federal law defines "Indian land" as land that is either:

  • part of a federally recognized Indian reservation, or
  • off a reservation but held in trust for an Indian tribe by the federal government, or under the jurisdiction of an Indian governing body.

As this definition points out, it is not necessary for land to be actually part of a reservation for gambling to be conducted on it. In theory, an Indian tribe could buy land anywhere in a state and operate a casino on it, by having it declared Indian trust land by an Act of Congress, a court decision or settlement or through an application through the U.S. Department of the Interior.


In 1987, the Supreme Court, in California v. Cabazon Band of Mission Indians, confirmed the authority of tribal governments to establish gaming operations independent of state regulation. The following year, Congress passed the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA), which provided a regulatory framework for Indian gaming. The IGRA offered states a voice in determining the scope and extent of tribal gaming by requiring Tribal-State compacts for Class III gaming. Tribal regulatory authority over Class II gaming was left to the tribes. The IGRA further provided for general regulatory oversight at the federal level and created the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC).


Capital Planning (12)

Submittals must be made using the Capital Outlay Request Form. Please refer to the Capital Outlay Request Guidelines for more information on the types of project requests that are eligible for submission.

Capital outlay requests must be submitted by July 1 to be eligible for consideration for the next fiscal year’s plan.  For example, requests submitted by July 1, 2018 will be considered for the FY2020-2027 Capital Improvements Plan and FY2020 Capital Budget.

Capital outlay requests are rated based on criteria developed by the Long Range Capital Planning Commission. For more information please review the Commission’s Capital Outlay Request Project Submittal and Evaluation Guidelines.

No, there is not a limit. Agencies are encouraged to submit capital outlay requests for any capital need that is anticipated for the next eight years.

The State Capital Improvement Planning Act requires that the plan cover an eight year period.  The Act requires detailed project and budget information for the first two years of the plan and more general information on capital needs for the following six years of the plan.

The Long Range Capital Planning Commission, through Title 428 of the Oklahoma Administrative Rules, has defined “capital project” as a planned expense for a facility or physical item requiring a minimum expenditure of $25,000, having a useful lifespan of five years or more, and meeting one of the following definitions:

  • Involves the acquisition or construction of any physical facility;
  • Involves the acquisition of land;
  • Involves the acquisition or construction of public utilities;
  • Involves the acquisition of major equipment or physical systems, such as computer technology, communications systems, major specialized vehicles, etc.;
  • Involves modifications to facilities, including additions to existing facilities, which increases the useful life of the facility, and/or
  • Capital maintenance or replacement projects on existing facilities, which are defined as non-recurring projects to repair, maintain or replace existing facilities for the purpose of protecting the state’s investment in a facility and minimizing future maintenance and replacement costs.  To be considered a capital maintenance project, a project must have an interval between expenditures of at least five years.

Capital projects do not include normal operating expenditures for salaries, routine maintenance or repair, or activities associated with or consumed during a single fiscal year.

Yes, the State Capital Improvement Planning Act requires that all projects meeting the definition of “capital project”, as outlined in Title 428 of the Oklahoma Administrative Rules, be submitted through the Long Range Capital Planning Commission regardless of funding source.  For example, if your agency desires to construct a new office building utilizing funding from an agency-controlled revolving fund, the project must be submitted as a capital outlay request through Hyperion and be approved by the Long Range Capital Planning Commission and the Legislature as a part of the Capital Improvements Plan.  For more information on the Act, please see 62 O.S. § 900 et. seq.

The Maintenance of State Buildings Revolving Fund was created by the State Legislature in 2013 for the sole purpose of funding capital projects as outlined in the state’s Capital Improvements Plan and Annual Capital Budget.  The Legislature periodically provides appropriations to the Fund based on recommendations made in the Capital Improvements Plan. In 2014, the State Legislature, through HB3050 (74 O.S. §61.8F.), required that the sales/transfers of all state-owned property be approved by the Long Range Capital Planning Commission and all sales proceeds be deposited into the Maintenance of State Buildings Revolving Fund and be used exclusively for implementing the Capital Improvements Plan. 74 O.S. §61.8H. exempts the following agencies from this requirement:

  • The Oklahoma Ordnance Works Authority
  • The Commissioners of the Land Office
  • The Oklahoma Department of Transportation
  • The Oklahoma Turnpike Authority

The first year of the eight-year Capital Improvements Plan also serves as the Annual Capital Budget.  The Annual Capital Budget is funded through a variety of sources, including agency revolving funds, federal funds, external funds and the Maintenance of State Buildings Revolving Fund.

The State Capital Improvement Planning Act requires all State governmental entities, as defined in 62 O.S. § 695.3, to participate in the Capital Improvements Plan process, which states: 

"State Governmental Entity" means the State of Oklahoma or any agency, board, commission, authority, department, public trust of which the state is the beneficiary or other instrumentality of state government, other than a public trust with the state as beneficiary whose jurisdiction is limited to one county, including, but not limited to, the following:

  • Oklahoma Municipal Power Authority,
  • Oklahoma Development Authority,
  • Oklahoma Industrial Finance Authority,
  • Grand River Dam Authority,
  • Oklahoma Water Resources Board,
  • Northeast Oklahoma Public Facilities Authority,
  • Oklahoma Turnpike Authority,
  • Oklahoma Housing Finance Authority, and
  • Oklahoma Public, Industrial and Cultural Facilities Authority.

62 O.S. § 901 requires the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education to submit capital outlay requests to the Commission.

The State Capital Improvement Planning Act exempts:

  • The Oklahoma Ordnance Works Authority, and
  • The Commissioners of the Land Office.

The purpose of the eight-year Capital Improvements Plan is to systematically plan, schedule, manage, monitor and finance capital projects to ensure efficiency and conformance with State strategic goals and objectives. The Long Range Capital Planning Commission develops the Capital Improvements Plan to recommend capital project funding and prioritization to the State Legislature.  The Legislature makes capital funding decisions based on recommendations made in the plan.

ClaimCheck (11)

ClaimCheck will not be used to edit Medicare primary claims or Medicare supplemental claims.


Edits performed by ClaimCheck will affect procedural codes billed on both CMS-1500 and UB-04 claim forms.


ClaimCheck software includes all NCCI Mutually Exclusive and Incidental edits. CMS rules are also used for editing in conjunction with AMA and CPT practices.


One login is available per Tax ID number. The Tax ID number is passed from the website to Clear Claim Connection to validate the provider’s authenticity.


All CPT codes are reviewed by ClaimCheck. Only HCPCS codes that have corresponding CPT codes will be reviewed by ClaimCheck.


ClaimCheck has no connection with the HealthChoice Schedule of Benefits and does not determine if a procedure is covered or denied coverage by the Plan. ClaimCheck is used solely to determine if coding is appropriate and correct on claims submitted to HealthChoice.


HealthChoice follows a strict process in the handling of provider appeal requests. Please consult the Provider Manual for details regarding the appeals and dispute resolution process.


Clear Claim Connection provides specific detailed information regarding ClaimCheck’s procedure code auditing software and how it evaluates code combinations during the processing of a claim. Clear Claim Connection allows the HealthChoice Network Provider online access to McKesson’s claims editing rules and clinical rationale used in the auditing software.


ClaimCheck is a software program which is used to assure claims are properly coded using industry standard coding edits. ClaimCheck is designed to detect coding discrepancies automatically. Automated reviews improve accuracy and consistency in claims adjudication and leads ultimately to improved claim turnaround times. ClaimCheck utilizes National Correct Coding Initiatives (NCCI), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) guidelines, as published by the American Medical Association, and the general standards of medical practice in editing claims. Editing guidelines established by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) are also included in ClaimCheck rules.


Construction & Properties (24)

Visitor parking is on the West side of the Will Rogers Building (yellow markings, 2 hour limit) directly west of the west building entry. Parking on any other space is subject to ticketing.

Contracts awarded by Construction and Properties are not exempt from sales tax unless specifically indicated by the Bid Documents.

Yes, the letter of credit must be issued by a financial institution insured by the FDIC or the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation on a form obtained from Construction and Properties.

A bid bond, certified check or cashier's check is required whenever a bid is greater than Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000.00). Generally the bid bond, certified check or cashier's check is 5% of the bid amount unless otherwise specified in the Solicitation for Bids (Bid Notice).

Bonds are required for a sum equal to the contract amount when a contract exceeds Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000.00). Three bonds are required: (1) statutory performance bond; (2) defect bond; and, (3) payment bond. All bonds must be on the forms prescribed and issued by CAP to the successful Bidder on the contract.

Pursuant to Title 61, Section 133.B.4., Workers' Compensation insurance is required for all construction contracts greater than Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000.00). For construction contracts less than $50,000.00 the Department requires proof of Workers' Compensation insurance OR CAP Form A312D Statement of Exemption from The Workers' Compensation Act Affidavit stating that the contractor qualifies for an exemption allowed under Title 85, Section 2.6.

Insurance requirements will be stated in the Bid documents. The minimum requirements are: general liability not less than $100,000/$300,000; property damage insurance of not less than $50,000/$100,000; automobile insurance and Worker's Compensation insurance. Larger projects will require higher amounts and builders risk insurance.

The Project Manual contains a Checklist For Bidders. Follow this list and make sure you have completed each item before submitting your bid. Failure to do so could invalidate your bid.

The bid opening is open to the public. Usually the same day as the bid due date, the Bid Tab Sheet will be uploaded to the Online Plan Room accessible from the CAP Bids & Drawings page of the Construction and Properties web site.  The bids are reviewed and evaluated concurrently by the State Agency and the Construction and Properties Department to determine the lowest responsible bidder.  Contracts are usually awarded within 30 days.  When a contract is awarded, the Bid Award information is posted to the Online Plan Room.

Bids are submitted in person or by courier delivery prior to 2:00 p.m. on the date of the bid opening at

Construction & Properties
Will Rogers Building
2401 N. Lincoln Boulevard, Suite 106
OKC, OK 73105-4402

Bids turned in more than 96 hours prior to or after 2:00 p.m. on the bid date will be returned unopened. Bids submitted via US Mail must be addressed to P.O. Box 53448, Oklahoma City, OK  73152-3448.

Yes, but only when requested in the Solicitation For Bids (Bid Notice). Annual pre-qualification is no longer required. When required for a specific project, instructions and submittal requirements will be stated in the Bid Documents.

There is usually an architect/consultant's phone number or an agency contact person on the cover of the bid documents or on the Solicitation For Bids (Bid Notice). The Consultant (architect, engineer, etc...) is under contract to the State of Oklahoma for the purpose of designing and monitoring the construction of the project. You may call the CAP receptionist at (405) 521-2112 and ask for the project by the CAP number. There will usually be a mandatory or non-mandatory pre-bid meeting at the site of the project. These meetings are for the bidder's information and a good time to ask questions. When the meeting is "mandatory" a prospective bidder or an independent contractor, authorized to represent the company, must be present and sign in to be eligible to bid on the project.

There is no official bidder's list. Bid opportunities are posted on our web site and all responsible contractors are invited to bid. 

Addenda are written or graphic instructions issued by CAP prior to the Bid Opening date, which modify or interpret the Bid Documents by additions, deletions, clarifications or corrections. Addenda Notification will be sent by e-mail or fax to all who are known by CAP to have ordered bid documents from CAP's Online Plan Room. Copies of the addenda will be made available for inspection at CAP. No addenda will be issued later than seven (7) calendar days prior to the date for receipt of bids except an addendum withdrawing the request for bids or one that includes postponement of the date for receipt of bids.

You do not have to buy plans from CAP in order to bid on a project. Plans and specifications may be viewed free of charge or purchased as an electronic download or paper copy from the Online Plan Room accessible from the CAP Bids & Drawings page of the Construction and Properties web site.

Projects currently out for bid are posted on the CAP page of this website. Plans and specs are available for viewing, free of charge, on this web page or at Construction & Properties, Suite 106, Will Rogers Building, 2401 N. Lincoln Blvd., OKC, OK 73105-4402. Projects are also advertised in a local newspaper in compliance with Title 61 of the Oklahoma Statutes and in The Journal Record and/or The Tulsa Daily Commerce and Legal News. Bid notices are also provided to the major local plan rooms.

Some of them. Monthly payment applications for projects bid through CAP or for consultants hired through a CAP IDIQ program must be submitted to CAP for approval by the project manager and/or the state construction administrator. CAP will forward the approved pay applications to the appropriate agency for payment. For smaller projects, generally those without a design consultant, the invoice for construction work is submitted directly to the agency for payment.

All consultants and construction managers desiring to perform services for the State of Oklahoma must be registered with CAP. Registration requires completing and submitting appropriate forms. Consultants fill out a Consultant Registration Questionnaire (CAP Form 254BV), and construction managers fill out a Construction Manager's Qualification Statement (CAP Form A305CMBV). Registration process takes less than 10 days. Registrations are valid for one year from the date of receipt by CAP. Consultants and construction managers may not be solicited for projects until they are registered with CAP, but may register any time up to 6  business days prior to the due date stated on a solicitation.

By statute, an architect is required for any public project when the cost of construction is $158,000.00 or more. Some projects less than $158,000.00 may also require an architect due to complexity or special requirements. Engineers are generally required for mechanical, electrical, structural or civil work regardless of cost, although minor electrical and mechanical maintenance or replacement work does not. Asbestos, environmental and other types of consultants may also be necessary.  A CAP project manager is available to discuss and advise concerning the requirements for your specific project.

Title 61 of the Oklahoma Statutes describes the statutory requirements for the selection of consultants and construction managers for construction projects for all State agencies. The division of Capital Assets Management, Construction and Properties, is mandated to monitor and approve the selection process. Guidelines for an agency are described in Consultant Selection Process (CAP Form M100BV) and in Construction Manager Selection Process (CAP Form M200BV).

Whenever the project is expected to be over $50,000.00

Yes, public construction contracts for less than Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00) for minor maintenance or minor repair work may be negotiated with a qualified contractor by the agency.  However, no work shall be started until a written contract is executed and proof of insurance has been provided by the contractor to the awarding public agency.

Whenever the project dollar amount is less than or equal to Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000.00)

Information Services - Social Media - YouTube (13)

The total forecast cost is the total costs represented in your financial summary forecast. The Estimated to Complete is the Total Actuals + Forecast for the current and future months. Therefore, all previous month’s forecast amounts are not included in the Estimated to Complete.


Accessibility of the content that an agency would post to YouTube is the responsibility of the agency posting the content. There are additional tools that you can use to assist in making video and audio content compliant, including YouTube's own captioning solution. There are some good online resources, including the following:

In terms of the YouTube interface, there are some deficiencies in the platform. To address those, OSF's prior guidance has been for agencies to attempt to locate a more compliant version of the technology. In the event that no alternatives can be found, OMES recommends posting a compliant version of the content on your agency site and link to it from the third-party platform.

NASCIO and YouTube agreed that the terms are not to be posted on public facing sites. Individual state laws may ultimately render the agreement public or open under FOIA-like terms, but it was YouTube’s preference that the terms not be placed on open websites at this time.

Brand channels offer several features not available on standard channels. With a brand channel, you will be able to customize images on the pages, including the channel banner image, the side column image and the video page banner. Brand channel owners can also specify demographic filters that restrict access based on a user’s language, geographic location, age, or gender. There are also enhanced tracking capabilities. Details of these features, as well as how to set up a channel, can be found online.

No. Once accounts have been established, the agency may not rename them without starting an entirely new channel. If agencies are required to change the name, the agency will have to move over all content as well.

Channel names should be chosen with care and, within constraints imposed by the YouTube platform, should align with naming and branding guidelines developed at the enterprise level of state government or within agencies, cabinets, or departments. Guidelines for account naming conventions may be found in the State of Oklahoma Social Networking and Social Media Policy and Standards on pages 11-13. To the extent possible, the names chosen should be consistent across social media platforms. For example, Facebook sites, if established, should use the same character strings after the slash as above (e.g.,, to capitalize on brands.

YouTube does not offer any functionality to allow for parent and sub-channels, but you can highlight similar or like channels using the playlist or featured channels features. This will allow states to manage what videos show on their channel pages rather than the random videos that often pop up.

You should switch as Oklahoma’s laws make the indemnification and jurisdictional in the standard terms unacceptable. The new terms are more favorable to Oklahoma agencies.

If your agency has an existing channel, the agency is welcome to accept the new terms and begin using the enhanced features of a branded channel. In this scenario, agencies will follow the same process as detailed above, but will also provide the agency account name so that YouTube can apply the terms to that channel. Once the agency has accepted the new terms, the agency will be granted access to the enhanced features provided in YouTube branded channels.
Once the names are submitted to YouTube from NASCIO staff, a representative from YouTube will e-mail the contact name from each agency. YouTube will provide a click-through agreement, and the agency account will be active once the agency agrees to the new terms.


In order to obtain the new "Content Licensing Agreement," please submit the following information to the Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) Service Desk via an online form found at

  • Agency Name
  • Authorized Agency Requestor
  • [Requestor] Title
  • [Requestor] E-mail
  • [Requestor] Phone Number
  • [Agency] Address Line 1
  • [Agency] Address Line 2
  • [Agency] City
  • [Agency] State
  • [Agency] Zip

Each agency that wishes to obtain the CLA must submit a name of staff with legal signing authority. YouTube has also suggested that any agency that would like the new terms and does not have an existing account should set up a private YouTube channel now to preserve an appropriate site name. The agency will have to accept the old, standard terms, but will be able to accept the new terms once the agency information is passed to NASCIO. The agency will not be required to upload any content and have the option to keep the channel private until the new terms are obtained. This will prevent someone else from setting up the account with a name the agency wants to use.

YouTube has expressed that this is their best and final offer at this point. NASCIO will not be pursuing further changes with YouTube.


From the viewpoint of the National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO) legal workgroup, the most significant issues resolved in the YouTube agreement relate to indemnification and jurisdiction, where the new terms are silent. While the NASCIO legal team could not address every single issue that each state has, these are the 2 general issues states are likely to have, and it’s thought that the new terms will be beneficial across the majority of states. The terms also have a clause that either party may end the agreement on 30 days written notice. Similarly, language may only change if it is in writing and requires the signature of both parties involved. These terms are not identical to those available to federal agencies, but they are comparable on the issues of indemnification and jurisdiction.

Budget - Encore - Statewide Program (6)

A Statewide Program involves multiple agencies contributing to a common outcome. It may crosscut both cabinet and agency boundaries. Intragency programs are agency specific; however, they may contribute to a statewide outcome tied to a Statewide Program. For instance, multiple agencies have stand alone programs that work toward reducing prescription drug abuse which is considered a Statewide Program.

No. Statewide Programs are not meant to encompass all functions of state government. It is understood that resources not aligned with Statewide Programs may be used by agencies for appropriate mission-related purposes and activities.

No, since not all Statewide Programs have been identified, an option will be provided within the new budgeting system to allow users to identify resources not tied to one of the defined Statewide Programs.
The primary focus of this effort is to promote transparency by reporting results that are of interest to citizens and other stakeholders. As state agencies collaborate on Statewide Programs, and a more global perspective emerges due to the use of this tool, data collected may drive future discussions regarding resource allocation among all stakeholders involved with particular Statewide Programs.

A list of Statewide Programs and definitions will be included in this year’s Budget Request Instructions. The new budgeting system will include a chartfield titled “Statewide Program.” A drop down list of programs will be provided from which to choose. Definitions, which were reviewed and approved by program area experts, will be provided to guide agencies in aligning resources with Statewide Programs. Please note, not all Statewide Programs have been identified, and therefore, all resources may not be associated with a Statewide Program. An option will be provided in the drop down to address those resources

From a high-level, strategic perspective, Statewide Programs reflect the comprehensive efforts of state government within a particular area of focus. Each program falls under a statewide area of interest currently labeled “Statewide Goals.” OMES will work with Statewide Program stakeholders to formulate performance objectives based on what they are trying to impact or improve through their work, which may cross traditional cabinet/agency/department lines. These objectives will focus on progress toward outcomes as opposed to outputs or activities. This information will be used to promote transparency to our citizens and collaboration in state government. Not all Statewide Programs have been identified at this time

Budget - Encore (5)

Staff members responsible for budgeting, performance management and measurement, and information submitted for the CAFR.


Multiple systems will be replaced with one system, Oracle Hyperion. Other features to be included are: fees and federal funds information; capital; position budgeting; new chartfields; and performance informed budgeting.


Budget cycle timelines and statutory requirements will remain the same when Project ENCORE is implemented.


  • Data entry, manipulation and reconciliation will be substantially reduced
  • Data will integrate throughout the budget process, eliminating re-entry
  • Opportunity to streamline parallel systems, where appropriate, resulting in cost savings for OMES and the State of Oklahoma
  • Data will be more accurate, timely, and comprehensive
  • Real-time budgetary and policy analysis
  • Budget recommendations/decisions will be made with strategic context
  • Greater automation in the CAFR production process
  • Greater alignment among budget, finance, and performance to optimize the allocation of scarce state human, financial and capital resources


Project ENCORE is replacing the State’s aging budget systems: Budget Request System, PeopleSoft EPM (Budget Module), Governor’s Budget Book, Capital Budget, Strategic Planning and Performance Metrics. Project ENCORE will also streamline many of our processes and allow for a more consistent approach to our budgeting and data collection methods.


Budget - Encore - Position Budgeting (14)

No. On the allocation line within a position, allocation one would include the state-wide program and allocation line two would be allocated to "no program." You can have as many allocation lines as needed.
If you’re changing funding, yes, that is a budget check item and is a revision. Those rules do not change.
Only as applicable. It is not anticipated that all dollars personnel-wise, or otherwise, will be associated with a statewide program at this time.
OMES will run the queries centrally and distribute your agency-specific data via your OMES budget analyst.
You enter time from July 1 to Dec. 31 and then Jan. 1 to June 30 to take into consideration the new benefit weight. Essentially, effective dated runs on benefit allowance will account for the benefit cost change. Changes can be entered for multiple employees at one time.
Base pay is in position budgeting and overtime is allocated however you need to. Overtime is entered in your line item budget. You have a line for the overtime code and you enter that as a line item budget not associated with a position.
You can continue to double fill because when your actuals come in they will be increased in that position on the Hyperion side because you’re having two salaries feed that position for a couple of months. You may also open a new position for the new hire and then move that person into the appropriate position when the incumbent retires.
Only if it’s going to result in you not having enough budget allotment to make payroll out of that fund, similar to the current system. If you make changes mid-year, and you won’t have allotment to cover it, you would have to do a revision. It’s basically the same from that perspective.
It’s very flexible. On the allocation line you have a start date and an end date. If you learn that you lose a grant in a period of time in midyear or three-quarters of the way through the year, you can end date it, and then you’ll have to find another funding source to pay for that position. You can do it through a mass update feature, so you can call up every position that’s on that grant, end date all those positions because, let’s say you lost that grant, and you can move it to appropriated or vice versa. I mean very, very flexible, and that’s why we created the mass update feature.
The PINs never really go away, but if you inactivate them, and you decide to place someone in one of those PINs; you can always reactivate them. If you mark as inactive, the PINs won’t go over to Hyperion, so they won’t have to be dealt with in that application. If later on during the year you say, “Oh, you know what? I really need to request another PIN,” the PINs are still there. The inactivation just “hides” them, but the PIN is still available.

Yes, but those are fairly limited. There are a number of reasons why you would have an employee with multiple PINs. You could have an employee that’s getting more than one rate of pay based on different types of work they’re doing, so that’s really going to be two different jobs, so it will be two different PINs. You will adjust the FTE if they will only be filling that position at maybe 25% or 50%. You will have to adjust the FTE value because you don’t want to have one-and-a-half of a single person.

Facilities Services (9)

Burning candles, incense, lit potpourri sticks, or flame or electrically heated potpourri pots are potential fire hazards and are prohibited in the building.

OFM discourages the use of nails or any type hanger that requires a hole in the wall. Contact your Facility Manager for advice and permission.

Live Christmas trees are not allowed due to the risk of fire. Wreaths, swags or any other decorations made from real branches or leaves, candles or open flames of any kind are not allowed.

Artificial trees are allowed. Lights used to decorate any tree or area are the responsibility of the area tenant and are to be turned off when the space is unoccupied. Failure to comply will result in the Office of Management and Enterprise Services requesting that the agency remove these items immediately from the area.

OFM recommends keeping plants and flowers to a minimum to avoid mold spores, water damage, and insect problems. Plants and flowers are to be maintained by the individuals responsible for bringing them on site. Damage to furnishings from over-watering will be billed to the agency where the employee works. Fertilizer or plant food must be stored in sealed containers.

Restrictions: No plants shall be set on windowsills, fan coil units, or any other building equipment. No hanging plants will be placed in cubicles or workstations.

If something is dropped in an elevator shaft, call the Facility Manager for the building you are located in. They will attempt to retrieve the item(s) at no charge. If the elevator contractor must be called, a fee may be charged. 

No notices, bulletins, flyers, or other type of information may be placed on any common area wall or door (common area is described herein as hall, lobby, elevator, restroom, break room, or conference room). This includes all adjoining doors and door frames.

A bulletin board may be installed at elevator lobby for agency, building, or event notices. For assistance mounting your bulletin board, please submit a Tenant Work Order Request.

All equipment, machines and appliances shall be grounded. Circuits shall not be overloaded.  Appliances including, but not limited to, coffee pots, ovens, microwaves, facsimile machines, copy machines and other office equipment shall be UL approved.

All remodeling or changes of any kind to tenant space must first be reviewed by the Facility Manager and then by the Department Administrator of Facilities Management.

As stated in the leases and occupancy agreements executed by the tenants in state buildings "No additions, fixtures, or improvements shall be added to the premises by the occupant without written approval by the Department".  

Contact your Facility Manager before you start planning space renovations, improvements or additions. 

When stuck in an elevator, utilize the elevators call box. These call boxes are for emergency communication and will notify the Department of Public Safety. DPS will contact the designated elevator contractor and the Office of Management and Enterprise Services maintenance staff. The elevator contractor is the first responder when passengers are trapped in an elevator.

Energy Management (5)

OG&E offers incentives for energy efficiency upgrades and retrofits. For more information on how you can make your projects pay for themselves, visit OG&E's building efficiency page.

  • An incandescent lamp is a better heater than a light, with nearly 90% of the input energy being converted and lost in waste heat.
  • ENERGY STAR qualified CFLs use 75% less energy than a standard incandescent bulb and last up to 10 times longer.
  • A CFL can save more than $40 in electricity costs over its lifetime
  • Although CFLs cost 3–10 times more than comparable incandescent bulbs, they last 6–15 times as long (6,000–15,000 hours).

A geothermal heat pump is a central heating (and/or cooling system) that "pumps" heat from the ground for use to heat homes and facilities.

Due to higher costs per-unit than the baseline year, energy savings are sometimes seen as a 'cost-avoided' instead of actual dollars saved.

Renewable Energy is energy generated from natural resources such as sunlight, wind, rain, tides, and geothermal heat, which are all naturally replenished. Renewable Energy sources most often used are: Wind, Solar, Geothermal, Water (hydropower) and Biomass which includes wood and wood waste, municipal solid waste, landfill and biogas, ethanol, and biodiesel.

Fleet (11)

Does the state’s insurance program administered by the Risk Management department of the Capital Assets Management division protect any passenger riding in a state owned-vehicle?

  • Risk Management’s program provides insurance coverage to state employees while in the Scope of Employment only.
  • Contractors and representatives of businesses and other government entities can travel in a state vehicle in a passenger status only; the source of their coverage is their own employment Workers Compensation Insurance.


How employees can recover funds when they used a personal credit card for fuel purchases on a state vehicle?

There are two options available:

  • Process as a travel reimbursement cost using an OMES Form 19-Travel Voucher
    • Prepare the form 19 as normal for travel
    • All usual information must be provided, including “Yes” for Government Owed Vehicle , points of travel, dates of travel, and the fuel cost shown under ‘Other Misc. Costs’ in the Itemized Miscellaneous Costs section.
    • Certification section completed, and
    • Form signed and dated by the claimant 
  • Reimbursement of Employees and Officials for Purchases Made in Connection with Agency Operations (Non-Travel)
    • Employees and officials may be reimbursed for miscellaneous emergency purchases or purchases not available through their agency's normal purchasing procedures. Such a purchase must be an official state expense and must have met the same requirements (other than prior encumbrance) as though the agency had made the purchase.
    • Such purchases are subject to the agency head's approval and must be accompanied by evidence of payments. (74 O.S. § 250.6) There is no set maximum limit on the amount which can be reimbursed; however, reimbursements which exceed $100.00 per voucher must include a written statement of justification for the purchase as support documentation for the voucher.
    • Evidence of payment must be attached to the Voucher Form 15A. Evidence of payment may be shown by: "cash" payment on a sales receipt; front and back copy of a processed check (canceled check); credit card statement or charge card impressed receipt; or similar annotation from the vendor indicating the expense has been paid in full.
    • A special expenditure account code - 561130 - is established for this type of reimbursement when an applicable account code cannot be found.
    • The voucher should be charged to either an AFP (authority order) or purchase order.


OMES Agency Business Services requires all state agencies utilizing PeopleSoft for payments to use more specific object codes. In previous fiscal years, bills coming from Fleet Management and other vendors for leases could have been assigned to one object code. Below is a detailed breakdown on how FY PO’s should be organized.  In addition to separating fuel charges from lease charges, agencies are also required to:

  1. Separate regular fuels like unleaded and diesel from special fuels like CNG, LPG, and E-85. 
  2. Separate out-of-state from in state toll charges
Fleet Description Object Code # Object Code Title
Base lease rate 532142 LEASE OF MOTOR VEHICLES
Rental cost w/o toll 532141 RENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES
Regular Fuels 534290 MOTOR FUELS - COMMON
Special Fuels 534310 MOTOR FUELS - SPECIAL
Accidents and Loss of Value 554230 REIMBURSEMENTS AND REPAYMENTS – OTHER
Training (def dr class) 522150 REGISTRATION - AGENCY DIRECT



Fleet Management is offering advanced fleet management software and associated equipment to other state agencies interested in upgrading or updating their current fleet operations management systems. The program’s expansion is expected to create efficiencies in work order management, centralized maintenance and parts operations, and more coherent and cost-effective vehicle replacement policies by state agencies. 

What efficiencies have been created in:

  • Work Order Management - Work orders are simplified as vehicle information is retrieved from an existing database which contains owning agency, pertinent vehicle data, and history of last services performed.  Future work is managed using Forecaster to determine when scheduled services are due and also to flag units with deferred non-critical repairs or services when a new work order is opened.
  • Centralized Maintenance - All maintenance records related to a unit are accessible through M5 Fleet Focus.  Repeat work can be easily identified.
  • Parts Operations - Parts are issued directly to work orders and inventory is automatically updated providing an accurate count of parts on hand. Minimum and maximum caps allow inventory to be maintained at efficient levels so that “extra” on hand needs are limited, but sufficient on hand needs are met. (Just-in-time ordering process)
  • Vehicle Replacement - The system provides a tool allowing user defined parameters to determine the optimal replacement schedule for units. Parameters can include age, maintenance expenses and current odometer readings.

How will the stated efficiencies save money for the state?

  • This system provides a data driven management tool to ensure the state maintains a viable fleet with minimum downtime or breakdowns due to missed preventive maintenance. Efficient inventory management reduces the number of parts on hand. In addition, vehicles can be replaced in a manner that provides maximum benefit to the state fleet efficiency. 


Who is subject to use the Trip Optimizer / Fleet Management Calculator?

  • State agencies, boards, commissions, and other entities within the executive department of state government are required to comply with (Title 74, § 85.45l).  Non-appropriated state agencies do NOT have to comply with Title 74, § 85.45l with regard to employees who use personal vehicles as part of their regular duties and who are reimbursed for travel expenses by the agency.

What does a non appropriated agency mean?

  • A non appropriated agency is an agency that does not receive ANY of its funds directly from the Legislature.

When am I required to utilize the Fleet Management Calculator?

  • Every time the daily trip exceeds 100 miles per day and the employee is not driving a state-owned or state-leased dedicated vehicle.
  • Those individuals who use a personal vehicle on a regular basis as an integral and regular part of their employment, are required to use the Fleet Management Calculator, if their trip exceeds 100 miles per day. Examples are as follows:
    A. Auditors who work out of their homes and travel, performing audits, utilizing their personal vehicles as a part of their job function;
    B. Health inspectors or other compliance-oriented state employees regularly utilizing their personal vehicles as part of their employment; and
    C. DHS case workers regularly utilizing personal vehicles as part of their employment.

Are there instances where the Fleet Management Calculator may not be required?

  • Agency is not organized within the executive department of state government.
  • Travel is less than 100 miles per day.
  • A non-appropriated state agency that employs persons who use personal vehicles as part of their regular duties.
  • Personal physical condition that requires a person to operate a vehicle equipped to accommodate his/her specific needs, and such an appropriate vehicle through Fleet Management or rental car is not available (must be documented on the Travel Claim form)

What is the mileage reimbursement rate where the Fleet Management Calculator is not required?

  • In the 2016 session, the Legislature passed House Bill 2704 paving the way for Oklahoma to set a mileage reimbursement rate that is equitable but not excessive, in light of the cost of fuel and other mileage related expenses in Oklahoma. OMES considered rates of surrounding states, fuel and maintenance costs and other factors in setting the new rate at $.50 cents per mile. The new mileage rate went into effect on Jan. 1, 2019. (CAR Notice)

Is an employee who may be required to make periodic or unscheduled trips from one location to another, such as from Oklahoma City to Tulsa, required to use the Fleet Management Calculator?

  • Yes. Even if it is considered infrequent travel, the employee is to use the Fleet Management Calculator because the distance from Oklahoma City to Tulsa is 105 miles.

How do I navigate through the Fleet Management Calculator?

How do I determine the distance?

If I am not sure whether I am exempt from this legislation, whom do I ask?

  • Ultimate responsibility for compliance with this law lies with appointing authorities.  Your agency head, legal counsel, travel coordinator or budget officer will provide this answer.

When the Fleet Management Calculator indicates a state vehicle is the most cost effective method to travel, but I prefer to use my personal vehicle, what will I be reimbursed?

  • The maximum reimbursement rate is limited to the rate determined to be the most efficient (lowest cost) by the Fleet Management Calculator.               

What if the reimbursement rate does not cover my vehicle actual maintenance cost?

  • Request your agency director to consider Fleet Management Daily Rental Program or use of SW771, rental contract.               

How do I provide OMES with documentation or prove that I used the Fleet Management Calculator to calculate the amounts submitted on my travel claim?

  • OMES requires that you check the appropriate box on the Travel Voucher form (OMES Form 19), print the results from the Fleet Management Calculator and attach it to the completed Travel Voucher form.

Why is the vendor rate different than listed on SW771?

  • Rates include fuel cost based on daily AAA price, travel distance stated and vehicles class average fuel economy.


What is the definition for an alternative fuels vehicle?

  • A vehicle that displaces or minimizes the use of petroleum products (gasoline). Compressed natural gas, liquid propane gas and electric vehicles are examples of alternative fuels or means of combustion.

What does NOx mean?

  • Nitrogen oxides form when fuel is burned at high temperatures, as in a combustion process. The primary sources of NOx (NO and NO2) are motor vehicles, electric utilities, and other industrial, commercial, and residential sources that burn fuels.

What is the federal mandate for replacement with alternative fuel capable vehicles?

  • 10 CFR Part 490, the Alternative Fuel Transportation Program, began in 1997 with a 30 percent replacement increasing to 75 percent by 2000.

How is a CNG vehicle fueled?

Will I pay state fuel tax at the pump for alternative fuels?
Beginning Jan. 1, 2012, the Oklahoma motor fuel tax imposed on compressed natural gas (CNG) will no longer be levied through the annual Alternative Fuel (Special Fuel) Flat Fee in Lieu of Tax Provision of Title 68 O.S. Section 723. The motor fuel tax will be imposed as a direct tax paid by the retail or ultimate consumer per gasoline gallons equivalent (gge) CNG purchased and included in the price paid at the pump.

The rate of motor fuel taxation imposed on CNG shall be five cents ($0.05) per gge until expiration of the credit authorized pursuant to the provision of paragraph 1 of subsection A of Title 68 O.S. Section 2357.22 (One-Time Credit Against Income Tax for Investments in Qualified Clean-Burning Motor Vehicle Fuel Property. Upon expiration of the aforementioned credit, the motor fuel tax imposed on compressed natural gas shall be equal to the tax rate imposed on diesel fuel using gasoline gallons equivalents (currently thirteen cents, $0.13, per gallon). (Ref. Title 68 O.S. Section 500.4)

Where do I find a list of certified conversion kits?

Who can work on the fuel portion of an alt fuel vehicle?

  • In the State of Oklahoma only a certified technician can work on the fuel portion of an alternative fuel vehicle.

How many CNG vehicles are in the state fleet? (06/13/16)

  • 1,303.

What is the emission reduction achieved by those vehicles annually?

  • Depending on the vehicle, the emission reduction can be as high as 90 percent.

What is Fleet doing to support the alt fuels initiative in the Legislature?

  • We are working with the Governor's Office, the Oklahoma Secretary of Energy and Oklahoma House and Senate on all alt fuels initiatives.
  • Additionally, we are stakeholders in the Association of Central Oklahoma Governments’ (ACOG) Central Oklahoma Clean Cities Coalition and the Indian Nations Council of Governments’ (INCOG) Tulsa Area Clean Cities Coalition, both sponsored by the U.S. Dept. of Energy and the Oklahoma Dept. of Commerce State Energy Office.


There are several ways to utilize a vehicle for state business. First is a long term commitment either by vehicle purchase or lease through FMD. Second is mileage reimbursement.

Daily car rental is a middle solution that offsets costs and risk associated with the options mentioned above for those who do not need car that often.

Where can I rent the car?

  • Agencies can rent cars either from FMD or through SW771.
  • At the moment a statewide rental car contract is awarded to Enterprise Rent-A-Car®.
  • Enterprise Rent-A-Car® has over 44 locations throughout the State of Oklahoma and over 6,000 locations nationwide.

How do I select the most efficient solution?

  • FMD provides an online tool Fleet Management Calculator (a.k.a. “Trip Optimizer") that allows agencies to select the most efficient solution based on the travel criteria provided (date, distance, and vehicle class).

How much was spent on mileage reimbursement by the State of Oklahoma agencies cumulatively?

  • CY08: $26,532,013
  • CY09: $26,435,111
  • CY10: $18,624,277
  • CY11: $18,899,814
  • CY12: $17,914,404
  • CY13: $17,925,233
  • CY14: $19,039,752
  • CY15: $13,063,934
  • CY16: $12,296,264

What is the current mileage reimbursement rate?

What is the Trip Calculator?

  • The Trip Calculator determines best value to state agencies for trips that require a rental vehicle.  Options include the State of Oklahoma Fleet Management Motor Pool, vendors under Statewide Contract 771 and mileage reimbursement.  Variables taken into consideration are the rental rates, number of days and expected miles driven, any free miles provided, the cost of fuel (updated on a daily basis using AAA Fuel Gauge Report), and include average miles per gallon for each class of vehicle.
  • Fleet Calculator

How is fuel paid for on rental through SW771?

  • Fuel is an out-of-pocket expense; drivers need to seek reimbursement from their agency by submitting a travel claim
  • Exception, if a vehicle is returned to the vendor w/o refueling during rental, vendor will apply the refueling amount to the rental cost

Where are the eligible fuel stations?

What is the regulation for use of vans for transporting students?

  • Title 47, Section 12-232 (
  • Federal statute (49 USC 30117, 30112 & 30165) prohibits school districts from purchasing or leasing new vehicles designed for 10-14 passengers, not including the driver, to transport students unless the vehicles comply with the motor vehicle standards prescribed for school buses. This definition includes the two common types of vehicles usually referred to as 12 or 15-passenger vans and applies to the original seating design of the vehicle. Previous federal law placed restrictions on dealers who sold these new vehicles to school districts. The expansion of the law to cover school district purchasers includes penalties of up to $10,000 per restricted vehicle purchased and $15 million for a pattern of violations.


What are considerations, requirements or procedures for out-of-state travel?

Insurance and Registration: 

  • There are different coverage limits for in-state and out-of-state travel. Please contact OMES Risk Management for the latest version of the statement of coverage.
  • Only authorized drivers and passengers (see sections above) are allowed to be occupants in state vehicles, i.e., family (e.g., a spouse) or friends cannot accompany an employee in a state vehicle.
  • Vehicle can be used only for state business, i.e., coverage exist when in scope of employment, e.g. to a conference, which may include a convention center, lodging and dining locations that are business-related travel destinations. There is no liability or property damage coverage for personal use, e.g., taking a scenic route, sightseeing, personal shopping, etc. For such activities, employees must rent a vehicle independently at their own expense.
  • Be sure the license plate has a current tag.
  • Have a contact information for someone who has access to vehicle's title - proof of ownership is required when retrieving a vehicle from impound or hiring a locksmith (for FMD leased or rented vehicles the number is 405-521-2206, fax: 405-525-2682).

Fleet Card:

  • Be sure the Fleet Card is in good condition; order a new one no later than a week prior to travel if it appears cracked or worn out.
  • Reset Fleet Card limits prior to departure.
  • Call Comdata to identify Level 3 gas stations along the travel route to make sure the Fleet Card is accepted.


  • Be sure all travelers know their fueling PIN.
  • Have all travelers sign off on the driver certification form to assure awareness of driving policies - DCAM-FROM-FM-015CO (for drivers of FMD leased or rented vehicles the form is DCAM-FROM-FM-015C)
  • Have your state ID and badge on you (e.g., dark tint on vehicle may be questioned by local law enforcement due to different regulations).


  • Basic check: make sure all lights are working, windshield is not cracked, wipers are in good condition and all tires (including spare) are properly inflated.
  • Thorough check: inspect a vehicle status on maintenance schedule, brakes, tires, etc., and check manufacturer's website for outstanding recalls (VIN is required).


  • Review weather forecast expected during travel.
  • Law enforcement agents: know laws and regulations regarding handling, transportation, and reporting of fire arms in the traveled states.


Does the state’s insurance program administered by the Risk Management department of the Capital Assets Management division protect any passenger riding in a state owned-vehicle?

  • Risk Management’s program provides insurance coverage to state employees while in the Scope of Employment only.
  • Contractors and representatives of businesses and other government entities can travel in a state vehicle in a passenger status only; the source of their coverage is their own employment Workers Compensation Insurance.


What is the Coverage on State Vehicles, how much is the deductible?

General Liability

  • Mandatory coverage with Risk Management that provides insurance coverage to all state employees while in the Scope of Employment.
    [Refer to 51 O.S. § 154 (A)] (provided by agency standard liability coverage through Risk Management): The total liability of the state on claims within the scope of The Governmental Tort Claims Act, arising out of an accident or occurrence shall not exceed:
    • Twenty-five Thousand Dollars ($25,000) for any claim or to any claimant who has more than one claim for loss of property arising out of a single act, accident, or occurrence;
    • Except as otherwise provided in this paragraph, ... to any claimant for a claim for any other loss arising out of a single act, accident, or occurrence. The limit of liability for the state ... shall not exceed One Hundred Seventy-five Thousand Dollars ($175,000).
    • One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) for any number of claims arising out of a single occurrence or accident.
  • Requires supplemental coverage (Motor Vehicle Liability) for state employees driving cars on state business

Motor Vehicle Liability

  • Mandatory coverage with Risk Management that provides insurance coverage to state drivers while in the Scope of Employment only;
  • State drivers considered as state employees driving state-owned, leased and rented and personal vehicles are covered
    • Note#1: agencies are not required to carry Motor Vehicle Liability for vehicles rented from FMD, at that coverage is included in the rate.
    • Note#2: agencies are required to acquire Motor Vehicle Liability for vehicles leased from FMD, beginning FY16 that coverage is not included in the lease cost of vehicles provided by FMD (see what object code to use: Fleet PeopleSoft Object Codes).
  • Does not cover any individual failing to meet the definition of an employee under Oklahoma Governmental Tort Claims Act.  [Refer to 51 O.S. 151 et seq.; 51 O.S. § 152 (7); 51 O.S. § 152 (12); 51 O.S. 152.1 (A) and (B); 51 O.S. 153 (A) and (B); 51 O.S. § 155, specifically exemption 18 related to contractors - see more under section 3 "AUTHORIZED DRIVERS".].
  • If a state driver is involved in an accident and is found at fault, Risk Management Rules require a driver to take a defensive driving class within 6 months of an incident.

Vehicle Physical Damage

  • Non-mandatory (agency elective) coverage with Risk Management that provides insurance coverage to state-owned vehicles;
  • Policy deductible is $2,500.00 for vehicle value up to $50,000, and $5,000 for vehicle value over $50,000.


  • A Personal Identification Number (PIN) is issued to any authorized driver in order to fuel a state vehicle.
  • An agency associated with a Fleet Card account assigns a PIN to its employee.
  • Agencies must remember to associate EMPLID with PIN in the Comdata system (“Driving License Number” field).
  • The PIN stays with an employee, regardless of the agency he/she is assigned to, throughout the employee’s career with the state.
  • In the event an employee transfers from one agency to another, the employee’s previously used PIN must be added to their new agency’s Fleet Card account.
  • In the event an employee drives and fuels another agency’s vehicle, the employee’s PIN must be added to the other agency’s Fleet Card account.
  • FMD provides PINs only to employees of customer agencies that do not have a Fleet Card account and drive FMD-owned vehicles.


Information Services - Removable Media (9)

Yes, there is a waiver process that can be used to grant an exception on a case by case basis; however, precautions should be taken to avoid abuse of this process that can result in such devices being used for other purposes for the sake of convenience.

Yes, if they are/will be connected to state infrastructure and include the ability to receive and store state information in memory.

Distributed media should be recalled and collected within a reasonable timeframe after establishing a strategy to complete the transition to a controlled environment – the objective is to protect information from disclosure due to theft or loss, not to unacceptably delay or inhibit business processes.

The LANDesk software provides inventory and asset management of devices and is capable of registering and recognizing or rejecting unregistered devices, such as USB flash drives by serial number; Symantec's Endpoint Encryption installs a software encryption module on removable media, which encrypts and manages access to the device/media while in use. OSF is currently evaluating a product from Good Technology that provides mobile device management (including encryption) comparable to the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES), for Smartphones and Tablets not provided by RIM/Blackberry.

OMES has tested and is in the process of implementing Symantec's Endpoint Encryption (version 8) with LANDesk (to prevent the use of unapproved USB devices) for software encryption.

Yes, to ensure that the encryption process is enforced, can be monitored and audited; if business requirements preclude or make this operationally or financially cost prohibitive, there is a waiver process that can be used to grant an exception on a case by case basis
The only other "hardware alternative" currently tested is the Dell laptop hardware encrypted disk drive(s); other forms of media encryption will need to be addressed through software.
See the Additional Guidance (#2. a. and b.) portion of the Removable Media Acceptable Use Procedures - Clarification and Guidance and the statewide Information Security Policy, Procedures and Guidelines, page 81 #1 and #3.


Information Services - eProcurement - Purchasing (1)

Information Services - PPM Tool - Financial Summary (3)

We are not sure why this happens; however to fix this issue, open your Project and click the Save button on the Project Details page. This has been reported as an outstanding issue.
All Non-labor costs and External Labor Costs need to be input into the Financial Summary. The only costs that are not directly input into the Financial Summary are the internal labor hours, these are entered into the workplan, then the system will automatically update the financial Summary for you.
The Financial Summary will be the total forecast estimate and actual expenses for the project. It will account for the external labor, non labor estimates and actual labor.

Information Services - PPM Tool - Workplan (6)

Take the amount of hours that were in the past and multiply that by $50; then update your Financial Summary with the Internal Labor Category for the first month of the project and put that amount in there. That should make your budget correct. Then, open your staffing profile and zero out the unmet demand in the past. This should take that off of your Requested portlet and marked it Fulfilled. Additionally, it will not double count internal labor in your budget.
No, under the individual task be sure to enter the project’s begin and end dates, and the percent complete. As far as hours, the actual hours will come from the PeopleSoft report that you should run once a month and will be entered in a task using Staff Hours as the role and the Month and Year as the task name.
Go to Open under the menu and select Administration. Then, select Edit My Profile. Under Project WorkPlan Preferences and you will see that it allows you to edit the number of tasks displayed per page in the project work plan. You can select 20 tasks per page (most likely what it has been defaulted as), 100 tasks per page or select a specific amount with a maximum of 500.
No, you can only have one role per task. If you need to account for multiple roles, then you need to create duplicate tasks.
Your WorkPlan must be made active for the Schedule indicator to show up on your details screen. To make your WorkPlan active, you must open (double-click) on the Zero level task and change the status of the task to Active. Then, your WorkPlan will become active.

The task description, scheduled effort and begin and end dates must be entered into the WorkPlan for each task.

Information Services - eProcurement (2)

Form 301 ePro. If you request a requisition approver role a current DCS Form 001 will need to be on file with Central Purchasing with a CC to Linda Belinski. The requisition approver on the DCS Form 001 should be the same person identified as requisition approver on the Form 301 ePro.

Documents may be attached under the Line Comments section; click on ‘Add Attachments.’

HealthChoice Select Provider (29)

Claims for services covered under HealthChoice Select may be submitted electronically, entered directly online using our portal at, or by paper.

No. Bariatric services are not available under HealthChoice Select.

HealthChoice Select does not cover emergency room services at this time.

The Select contract amendments and reimbursement methodology do not apply to claims for which HealthChoice is not in the primary position. When HealthChoice is not in the primary position, the Select benefit does not apply. The Select benefit does not apply to the primary service or any of the related ancillary services. HealthChoice Select claims may be pended to verify other insurance coverage or to review for third party liability. Providers may inquire with Customer Care if members have verified other coverage with the plan prior to rendering Select services to ensure claims process timely.

Select claims are subject to subrogation policy applicable to all HealthChoice claims. For more information about subrogation, visit our website at

Select combination CPT/HCPCS codes contain multiple procedures and services performed at the same time.

The HealthChoice Select fee schedule can be found on the website at Inpatient hospital services will use the Select MS-DRG fee schedule. Outpatient services will use the Select Outpatient/ASC fee schedule. Authorized contacts can access the full fee schedule or the addendum. The addendum includes all additions, changes and deletes from Jan. 1, 2018 to present. In the Select fee schedule, payments for Select bundled services are organized by types of procedures. Under the types of procedures are groups of similar services, each of which has a separate and distinct CPT/HCPCS code, or groups of CPT/HCPC codes. For more information, please refer to this helpful link,

HealthChoice Select can reimburse bilateral procedures at 150 percent of the Select allowable fee when billed with the appropriate modifier(s).

Effective July 1, 2019, HealthChoice revised the policy regarding Select inpatient implants allowing additional reimbursement for medically necessary upgrades. If an implant upgrade is deemed medically necessary, then reimbursement of an additional $1,500 allowable will be applied. Claims billed with a diagnosis code of L23.0 or Z91.048 will be reviewed for an additional implant upgrade allowable. Claims that are billed without a qualifying diagnosis are not eligible for the additional implant upgrade reimbursement. Inpatient certification and implant upgrade certifications are handled separately. Certification for any inpatient stay is required in accordance with plan policy and criteria and reviewed by the HealthChoice certification vendor. Separate certification is required through HCMU for implant upgrades. Implant certification requires, in part, a description of the composite makeup of the device, which includes laboratory documentation confirming the patient’s metal allergy. The device must also meet the definition of an implanted prosthetic device. Members of the High Deductible Health Plan must meet their deductible before any benefits, other than for preventive services, are paid by the plan. For more information about certification, please reference the HealthChoice Provider Manual. 

Select will reimburse outpatient implants at the invoice cost less any rebates or discounts received by the facility. HealthChoice Select will allow up to the net cost, including shipping, handling and tax. Shipping, handling and tax must be prorated for the billed implant for invoices including supplies other than the billed implant. Occasionally, HealthChoice may require the actual invoice for the implant billed. Implants used in an inpatient setting will not be reimbursed separately. For more information, please refer to the HealthChoice Select Facility Amendment at

Yes. Please submit the alternate phone number with your signed HealthChoice Select contract amendment and we will guarantee it shows on the Find a Provider search tool for HealthChoice Select at This will not affect your phone number listed for other services.

You can verify benefits online using or by contacting HealthChoice Customer Care toll-free at 800-323-4314 (TTY 711). In order to prevent delayed claim payments, HealthChoice Select facilities are encouraged to verify that members have completed all related Verification of Other Insurance Coverage as required by the HealthChoice benefit plan to avoid delayed payment for services.

Diagnostic imaging services will have separate bundles for each modality. However, new procedures codes may be added to existing bundles during periodic fee schedule updates. For more information about fee schedule updates, please visit our website at

Payments for services covered under HealthChoice Select will include the explanation code, “2540-Congratulations, Another member has picked your facility for services because you are a Select Provider.” Services that are billed separately that are considered part of the bundled procedure and are not paid separately will be marked with explanation code “2568-These services are subject to bundled reimbursement and are not reimbursed separately."

Contact HealthChoice Network Management at 405-717-8790 or toll-free 844-804-2642. A request for more information can also be emailed to

HealthChoice is seeking to contract with facilities in all 77 counties in Oklahoma, as well as any other states, to provide the services covered under HealthChoice Select. This encompasses the areas where more than 170,000 members who are eligible for the program live or work.

Network facilities that have contracted to provide the services covered under HealthChoice Select have agreed to accept the bundled allowable fees for those services.

Network facilities that have not contracted to provide the services covered under HealthChoice Select can collect the deductible, copay or coinsurance according to plan provisions.

Facilities participating in HealthChoice Select should be prepared to accept member phone calls and coordinate the scheduling of services covered under the program.

Members can search for facilities participating in HealthChoice Select on the HealthChoice website by selecting the HealthChoice Select banner on the home page. Members can also call HealthChoice Customer Care toll-free 800-323-4314 (TTY 711) for the names of facilities participating in the program.

The services covered under HealthChoice Select will be covered at 100 percent of the allowable fee with no out-of-pocket costs to members for the related services on the date of the surgery, procedure or during the related inpatient stay. However, members of the HealthChoice High Deductible Health Plan must meet their deductible before any benefits, other than for preventive services, are paid by the plan to the facility.

Facilities already participating in the HealthChoice Provider Network can sign a HealthChoice Select contract amendment to participate in the program. The amendment and bundled allowable free are available at

Facilities that are not currently participating in the HealthChoice Provider Network can contact HealthChoice Network Management at 405-717-8790 or toll-free 844-804-2642 for information on joining the provider network.

Existing HealthChoice Network Facilities are encouraged to sign an amendment to their existing contract to provide the services covered under the program. Facilities not already contracted with HealthChoice are encouraged to sign the applicable HealthChoice contract and the Select amendment. Only those facilities that have signed the Select amendment provide the services under the bundled price.

Approximately 170,000 HealthChoice health plan members and dependents are eligible to receive the services covered under HealthChoice Select. This includes members of the HealthChoice High, High Alternative, Basic, Basic Alternative plans and High Deductible Health Plan. Members of the High Deductible Health Plan must meet their deductible before any benefits, other than for preventive services, are paid by the plan.

Members can search for facilities participating in HealthChoice Select on the HealthChoice website by selecting the HealthChoice Select banner on the home page. Members can also call HealthChoice Customer Care toll-free 800-323-4314 (TTY 711) for the names of facilities participating in the program.

HealthChoice continues to increase the types of services covered under bundled pricing. For a list of services covered under HealthChoice Select, please visit our webpage at

Bundled pricing is a pricing strategy that provides one consolidated bill for services that includes the related fees for the facility, surgeon, anesthesia, laboratory, pathology, radiology, etc., all at a reduced rate for all services provided on the date of the surgery, procedure, or during the inpatient stay. Standard clinical editing and all existing plan policy and provisions apply. This value-based pricing motivates providers to work across the medical continuum to keep patients healthy and out of the hospital. Related services that occur on a day other than the Select surgery or procedure are subject to standard HealthChoice benefits.

HealthChoice Select is a program designed to reduce the costs of select services by contracting with select facilities to provide these services at one low, bundled price that will be covered at 100 percent of allowable fees with no out-of-pocket costs to members. Members of the High Deductible Health Plan must meet their deductible before any benefits, other than for preventive services, are paid by the plan.

Information Services (0)

Order Tech (6)

This portal may only be used for acquiring hardware, software and accessories that meet the state PC standards via PCard or leasing agreement. Meeting our state standards means the product works within our technology environment, meets our state architecture, meets our security requirements and is supportable by OMES. If your agency has requested exceptions to the PC standards, you will need to continue working with your OMES Account Executive. View preapproved software and hardware for your agency at


The only payment type that is accepted at this time on the portal is P-card.


Per the procurement information memorandum “Delegation of Authority from CIO for Certain IT Procurement Purchases” the state Chief Information Officer has statutory approval authority over all information technology and telecommunications acquisitions as defined in the Oklahoma Central Purchasing Act. View the PIM for more detailed information on purchasing limits.


If there is an item not on the product catalog that needs to be ordered, complete the product request form and OMES will work with our vendor to review and determine if this is something that can be added to the catalog or if it is a standalone request that needs further information to develop purchase quotes.


Our partner portal pages only showcase software and hardware that have been preapproved by your agency and that meets our state standards for stability and security. View preapproved software and hardware for your agency at


It is not necessary to purchase items through OMES that are available through Order Tech Now. Order Tech Now allows you to pay for preapproved products and services directly, saving you time and hassle to purchase what you need.


Leasing (7)

There is a limit of up to $50,000 that can be procured at one time per the procurement information memorandum “Delegation of Authority from CIO for Certain IT Procurement Purchases”. However, if you are leasing 15 devices or more and/or the locations of the individuals receiving the devices are geographically dispersed then additional coordination will be necessary. Please contact your OMES IT Strategist or Account Executive to assist with the information needed for these orders.


To comply with state IT Standards and the Oklahoma IT Security policy, OMES is responsible for device inventory and will be tracked in the OMES inventory system. The agencies are assuming the responsibility of the payment obligation.


Contact your OMES IT Strategist or Account Executive for more information about the device or to have a demonstration scheduled.


Once the order is placed, you can track the ship and arrival dates on the Dell ordering web page. Once devices are received in the deployment center, the order point of contact will receive updates through the Service Desk Self Service Portal.


Estimated time of delivery for leased devices will be 5-10 business days once they are received in deployment. The order point of contact will be invited to a kick off call once the devices are received to schedule device delivery for end users.


All devices will be shipped directly to the deployment center where they will be imaged and configured. Before devices show up at the deployment center, OMES needs to know which individuals in your agency will receive the devices, specific software that needs to be installed, and etc. This information will be used by both the deployment vendor and OMES to ensure seamless delivery of all devices.


You will still need to complete the DFS Billing Information form as indicated since the leasing portal will be a separate section on the Dell ordering web page.


Information Services - PPM Tool - Staffing Profile (7)

No, you do not enter contractor hours in the staffing profile. You will enter the contractor or professional services estimates in the Financial Summary as Labor, External Labor dollars.
They will roll up into the financial summary forecasted labor as dollars. The formula for internal staff time is $50 per hour.
No, tasks are assigned in the workplan only, you only need to enter the time and resource role you need in the staffing profile.
The internal labor estimates are entered into the staffing profile.
The internal labor estimates are entered into the staffing profile.
In order to request resources, you need to verify that your staffing profile status is active.
The staffing profile is to assist you in fulfilling roles needed by resources. The staffing profile allows you to request the necessary roles from the appropriate resource managers.

Information Services - PPM Tool - General (13)

The PPM Tool can be used with the following browsers: • Internet Explorer 7 • Internet Explorer 8 • Internet Explorer 9 (Recommended) • Internet Explorer 10 (Compatibility Mode only) • Firefox 11-24 Using any other Browsers could limit the functionality of the tool, and therefore, is not recommended while using the PPM Tool.

The formula is as follows:

  • SPI = EV / PV
  • Special cases:
  • if PV=0 and EV=0, then SPI=1
  • if PV=0 and EV! =0, then SPI=0

The formula is as follows:

  • PV = baseline total planned cost * ((current date - baseline start date)/(baseline finish - baseline start))
  • Else
  • PV = baseline total planned cost * ((current date - start date)/(finish - start))


The formula is as follows:
  • CPI = EV /AC (AC: Actual Cost)
  • Special cases:
  • if AC=0 and EV=0 then CPI=1
  • If AC=0 and EV! =0, then CPI = 0

The calculation is as follows:

  • EV = baseline total planned cost * %complete
  • Else
  • EV = 0 if not 100% complete; EV = baseline total planned cost if 100% complete


EV is calculated based on "Baseline total planned cost" and “%complete."

In order to be able to update your resource's information, like their role, department and their Pool Participation, you have to be designated as their Direct Manager. Just being the Pool Manager will not give you access to change their Resource Pool Participation percentage or the availability.

They are taken at three times: when the high level plan is approved, when the detail level plan is approved and when the project is closed.


Hold down the Control key while you click on the Export to Excel hyperlink. Sometimes you have to do this and sometimes you don’t, and sometimes you have to try that a couple of times before it will work.

Proposals and projects are to be named after the idea or project and do not have a particular format. Programs are labeled by agency and then program. For example, ISD-Financials.

Tool requests include the following:

  • Proposals – Project ideas, equivalent to projects on our current portfolios in Concept Phase
  • Projects – Projects that have been approved to go to initiation
  • Project Risk – Risks identified for a project
  • Project Issue – Project Issues
  • Project Scope Change – Project Scope Changes
  • Program Risk – Risks identified for a program
  • Program Issue – Program Issues


It is a project and portfolio management tool that is to be used to exist with the existing project management process. The process itself will not change. The tool is simply to be used to aid in the development and tracking of deliverables.

Vendor Registration (0)

General Vendor Questions (16)

General Vendor Registration Questions

Please allow 3-5 business days to process the PeopleSoft log in request.  If the problem persists, please contact the OMES Help Desk at (405) 521-2444 or toll free at (866) 521-2444.

The PeopleSoft log in allows a vendor access to the same system as the state uses to issues purchase orders and payments.  By creating a PeopleSoft log in, vendors may review purchase orders and payments that have been issued based on the PeopleSoft vendor ID.

Please make your certificate out to:

State of Oklahoma
Office of Management and Enterprise Services
2300 N Lincoln Blvd.,  Room 106
Oklahoma City, OK 73105

It is the policy of OMES not to provide legal advice to vendors with regards to the requirements of the Oklahoma sales tax permit, registration with the secretary of state, or worker’s compensation certificate.  State law requires that buyers/contracting officers verify this information prior to a contract award.  Please contact the respective agency to find out the requirements.  Their contact information is located on the vendor registration web page.

It is recommended for vendors to search UNSPSC Website Code Posting for applicable Commodity Codes prior the registration. This will provide the current code listing that is in our system.  When registering online, vendors have the possibility to select and deselect Family, Class and Commodity before finalizing their registration.

Vendor Registration code structure is tiered and organized by the following: Segment > Family > Class > Commodity

Vendors pay the $25 fee per family code.  The fee includes all class and commodity codes that fall under that family code.

ID Name Type of Code Fee
10000000 Live plant and animal material and accessories and supplies Segment None
10100000 Live Animals Family $25.00
10101500 Livestock Class


Included in the Family code fee


10101501 Cats Commodity
10101502 Dogs
10101503 Mink
10101504 Rats
10101505 Horses

Vendors will begin their selection at the family level. Vendors are required to select the class and commodity level codes.

NIGP: National Institute of Governmental Purchasing -

UNSPSC: United Nations Standard Products and Services Code -

Online registration

  • is a 12 step process
  • is based on the date of registration and renewal notices will be sent via email to expiring or expired vendors on a periodic basis.
  • allows any changes in the original application 24/7

The fee is due at the time of registration and upon annual renewal.

There is a registration fee of $25.00 for each Family code a supplier chooses to register for.

Any sub-category that falls under that Family code is included within that fee (the commodity structure consists of four levels and the charge is applied to second level).

The fee is due at the time of registration and during yearly renewal.

Bidders comments can be used for the additional information required for companies who have been in business for less than 2 years and/or to tell us anything about your company that you would like us to know.

The business Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) or Social Security Number (SSN). The Sales Tax Permit number is the sales tax number issued by the Oklahoma Tax Commission.

The person signing the W-9 must be an individual authorized to sign for the company and execute the CERTIFICATION: Under penalties of perjury, I certify.......(1) The number shown on this form is my correct taxpayer identification number....(2). I am not subject to backup withholding......etc.

Yes (REF: Mandatory Vendor Registration for Contract Award ) If the contract value is greater than $5,000 and falls under Title 74, then the vendor is required to be registered.  There are limited circumstances where an exemption may be granted such as Fair and Reasonable acquisitions – less than $5,000, Fixed Rate acquisitions, Professional Service acquisitions, and Interagency or other Governmental entity acquisitions.

No, it is not necessary for a vendor to be registered with the Central Purchasing Division of the Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) in order to bid. However, Vendor Registration is required of any vendor that desires to automatically receive bid notifications via email or fax. All vendors who are not registered on the State of Oklahoma Vendor Registration list must complete the W-9 (Non-US persons or entities are required to submit form W-8BEN) and submit with their bid response. Failure to do so may delay contract award.

Online Vendor Registration (7)

Online vendor registration questions

There can only be one account associated with the FEI number. Registration was attempted or even completed for this FEI number but under different user name and email address.

Before in order to login you were required to provide an email address associated with the registration. Click "Forgot Password" and follow the steps There can only be one account associated with the FEI number. Registration was attempted or even completed for this FEI number but under a different user name and e-mail address.

Commodities are structured similar to a parent - child relationship: Family > Class > Commodity. For each Family code there must be at least one Class selected; and, for each Class at least one Commodity. Selection of  several Families can increase the possibility of missing a Commodity during the selection process, and the system is designed to trigger an alert because of the omitted information.

Yes, but your registration will not be effective until completing all 12 steps including payment process and being approved by VR Officer. 

If you are an existing user and you DO NOT remember your login/password information, select the 'Forgot Login' or 'Forgot Password' link and follow the instructions on the upcoming screens.

  • Select the 'First Time User?' link above and follow the instructions on each screen to activate your account. Once your account has been activated, you may go through the process to register with OMES Central Purchasing to become a state vendor.
  • To complete the vendor portion of registration, you must complete 12 steps, which require business information about your company; a substitute W-9 form (for US entities); and, Family/Class/Commodity Codes for which your company is interested. Upon completion of these steps, you can submit your registration along with the applicable payment using EFT or a credit card. All payments are made through an encrypted secure server and payment information is not stored after a transaction. You will receive confirmation after your registration is validated and approved by the Central Purchasing Division.

Select the 'First Time User?' link above and follow the instructions on each screen to activate your account. Once your account has been activated, you may go through the process to register with OMES Central Purchasing to become a state vendor.

To complete the vendor portion of registration, you must complete 12 steps, which require business information about your company; a substitute W-9 form (for US entities); and, Family/Class/Commodity Codes for which your company is interested. Upon completion of these steps, you can submit your registration along with the applicable payment using EFT or a credit card. All payments are made through an encrypted secure server and payment information is not stored after a transaction. You will receive confirmation after your registration is validated and approved by the Central Purchasing Division.

Arbitage (9)

In addition to the many intricacies of the Code and Regulations, there are various exceptions to rebate for which an Issuer may qualify. Also, there are various elections that can be made by the Issuer that will have an impact on the rebate calculation and the timing of any payments due to the Federal Government.


Failure to comply with Federal Rebate Requirements could lead to substantial late filing penalties and interest and/or, potentially the loss of tax-exempt status for the bonds. The loss of tax-exempt status on a state bond issue could have very serious consequences, as it would likely decrease the state’s credit rating applicable to all bond issues. 


A rebate computation and payment to the Federal Government, if applicable, is required to be made at least every five years or each "Rebate Installment Computation Date" and upon final redemption or maturity of the bonds, "Final Rebate Computation Date". The payment is due to the Federal Government within 60 days from either each Rebate Installment Computation Date or Final Rebate Computation Date.


The general steps to calculate the rebate liability are: 1) calculate the yield on the bonds; 2) calculate the actual earnings on all non-purpose investment instruments purchased with gross proceeds of the bonds; 3) calculate the allowable earnings on the non-purpose investment activity assuming the investments were earning at a rate equal to the bond yield; and, 4) future value the difference from the actual payment or receipt date to the computation date at a rate equal to the yield on the bond issue.


The code and IRS Regulations require that tax-exempt bond proceeds must be used for project construction within a specified time, generally, not more than 36 months (the ”temporary period”). Thus, OCIA must take steps to assure bond proceeds are promptly used for the purposes described in the bond documents.


Generally, tax-exempt bond issues that were issued on or after September 1, 1986 are subject to the arbitrage rebate requirements. The arbitrage rebate requirements require that any profit or "arbitrage" be "rebated" to the Federal Government. The rebate amount due to the Federal Government is equal to the excess of the amount earned on all non-purpose investments purchased with gross proceeds of the bonds over the amount, which would have been earned if such non-purpose investments were invested at a rate equal to the yield on the bonds.


Congress enacts statutes, and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) within the Treasury Department promulgates rules and regulations relating to tax-exempt bonds and arbitrage. These laws include: the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 as amended (the "Code"), Treasury Regulations, Revenue Procedures and Private Letter Rulings. Section 148(f)(2) of the Code was implemented to minimize the benefit of investing tax-exempt bond proceeds at a profit.


Abuses associated with tax-exempt financings led the Federal Government to promulgate regulations to place restrictions on the use of tax-exempt bond proceeds. The two primary purposes expressed by the regulations for establishing the arbitrage laws were to: 1) minimize the benefits of investing tax-exempt bond proceeds; and, 2) remove the incentive to issue more bonds, issue bonds earlier, or to leave bonds outstanding longer than necessary to carry out the governmental purpose of the issue.


Arbitrage is the ability to obtain tax-exempt bond proceeds and invest the funds in higher yielding taxable securities, which often results in a profit.