You are here

Frequently Asked Questions - General Vendor Questions

General Vendor Registration Questions

Please allow 3-5 business days to process the PeopleSoft log in request.  If the problem persists, please contact the OMES Help Desk at (405) 521-2444 or toll free at (866) 521-2444.

The PeopleSoft log in allows a vendor access to the same system as the state uses to issues purchase orders and payments.  By creating a PeopleSoft log in, vendors may review purchase orders and payments that have been issued based on the PeopleSoft vendor ID.

Please make your certificate out to:

State of Oklahoma
Office of Management and Enterprise Services
2300 N Lincoln Blvd.,  Room 106
Oklahoma City, OK 73105

It is the policy of OMES not to provide legal advice to vendors with regards to the requirements of the Oklahoma sales tax permit, registration with the secretary of state, or worker’s compensation certificate.  State law requires that buyers/contracting officers verify this information prior to a contract award.  Please contact the respective agency to find out the requirements.  Their contact information is located on the vendor registration web page.

It is recommended for vendors to search UNSPSC Website Code Posting for applicable Commodity Codes prior the registration. This will provide the current code listing that is in our system.  When registering online, vendors have the possibility to select and deselect Family, Class and Commodity before finalizing their registration.

Vendor Registration code structure is tiered and organized by the following: Segment > Family > Class > Commodity

Vendors pay the $25 fee per family code.  The fee includes all class and commodity codes that fall under that family code.

ID Name Type of Code Fee
10000000 Live plant and animal material and accessories and supplies Segment None
10100000 Live Animals Family $25.00
10101500 Livestock Class


Included in the Family code fee


10101501 Cats Commodity
10101502 Dogs
10101503 Mink
10101504 Rats
10101505 Horses

Vendors will begin their selection at the family level. Vendors are required to select the class and commodity level codes.

NIGP: National Institute of Governmental Purchasing -

UNSPSC: United Nations Standard Products and Services Code -

Online registration

  • is a 12 step process
  • is based on the date of registration and renewal notices will be sent via email to expiring or expired vendors on a periodic basis.
  • allows any changes in the original application 24/7

The fee is due at the time of registration and upon annual renewal.

There is a registration fee of $25.00 for each Family code a supplier chooses to register for.

Any sub-category that falls under that Family code is included within that fee (the commodity structure consists of four levels and the charge is applied to second level).

The fee is due at the time of registration and during yearly renewal.

Bidders comments can be used for the additional information required for companies who have been in business for less than 2 years and/or to tell us anything about your company that you would like us to know.

The business Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) or Social Security Number (SSN). The Sales Tax Permit number is the sales tax number issued by the Oklahoma Tax Commission.

The person signing the W-9 must be an individual authorized to sign for the company and execute the CERTIFICATION: Under penalties of perjury, I certify.......(1) The number shown on this form is my correct taxpayer identification number....(2). I am not subject to backup withholding......etc.

Yes (REF: Mandatory Vendor Registration for Contract Award ) If the contract value is greater than $5,000 and falls under Title 74, then the vendor is required to be registered.  There are limited circumstances where an exemption may be granted such as Fair and Reasonable acquisitions – less than $5,000, Fixed Rate acquisitions, Professional Service acquisitions, and Interagency or other Governmental entity acquisitions.

No, it is not necessary for a vendor to be registered with the Central Purchasing Division of the Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) in order to bid. However, Vendor Registration is required of any vendor that desires to automatically receive bid notifications via email or fax. All vendors who are not registered on the State of Oklahoma Vendor Registration list must complete the W-9 (Non-US persons or entities are required to submit form W-8BEN) and submit with their bid response. Failure to do so may delay contract award.