You are here
Purchase Card Training
OMES provides training for all new program participants.
To request P-Card training, agency P-Card administrators must email a registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org for all cardholders, approvers and new administrators. An email will be sent to those registered that includes an instruction sheet, training materials and a test. Completed tests should be received in the state P-Card office at the email address above within 5 business days of the date sent. A passing score is 90% or higher. Cardholders not performing the full editing tasks in Works should be trained internally. Approvers should also be trained internally after completion of the self-paced course. If an agency so desires, all Works-related training may be completed internally.
Works editing classes will be held at 5005 N. Lincoln Blvd., Training Room, 1st Floor, unless posted otherwise. The building is located on the SW corner of Northwest 50th Street and Lincoln Boulevard; parking is in the back.
Class times will vary throughout the year. Classes will be limited to 22 attendees or less per class. A class confirmation letter will be sent to the attendee and the agency P-Card administrator.
To attend the Works editing class, a basic knowledge of computers, browsers and how to search the web is required. Attendees must have also completed the self-paced course and passed the test provided by OMES. Cardholders must have received their card and have at least 1 purchase posted to Works prior to class attendance. Matching copies of receipts/invoices for the posted transactions must be brought to class.
Sign-in begins 15 minutes prior to the scheduled class start time.
Duration of class:
Works editing class – 2 hours
OBT class - 1.5 hours
New Administrator class – 3 hours
Attendees of the Works editing class arriving more than 15 minutes late will not be allowed to attend and can be trained internally by the agency. All attendees must be registered and no walk-ins will be allowed.
Works editing/OBT training classes
User name and password is required for the class and must be brought by the attendee. We will not be able to reset passwords in class.
- Tuesday, March 12, OBT Training, 1:30 to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, March 14, Works Editing, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 16, Works Editing, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. - Registration deadline: Tuesday, July 2.
- Thursday, Aug. 15, OBT Training, 9:30 to 11 a.m. - Registration deadline: Thursday Aug. 1.
- Thursday, Aug. 22, OBT Training, 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. - Registration deadline: Thursday Aug. 8.
- Thursday, Sept. 12, 2019, WORKS Editing, 9:30 to 11 a.m. - Registration deadline: Thursday, Aug 29.
- Tuesday, Oct. 8, WORKS Editing, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. - Registration deadline: Tuesday, Sept. 24.
- Thursday, Nov. 7, OBT Training, 9:30 to 11 a.m. - CANCELLED
Thursday, May 24, 2018
New administrator classes
Administrators will need to be able to access their work email in order to retrieve the pass code that is sent for each log-in session.
- Tuesday, March 19, 1 to 4 p.m., invitation only
- Thursday, July 25, 1 to 4 p.m. - Testing deadline: Thursday, July 11.
- Thursday,Oct. 17, 1 to 4 p.m. - Testing deadline: Thursday, Oct. 3.