Option Period is the annual enrollment period when current and former employees can make plan elections for the upcoming year.
During Option Period, current employees can make the following changes for themselves and their dependents:
- Enroll in plans.
- Change plans or drop coverage.
- Increase or decrease life insurance coverage.
- Add or drop eligible family members from coverage
During Option Period, former employees can:
- Change health and/or dental plans currently in place.
- Drop coverage and/or dependents.
- Decrease life insurance coverage.
- Enroll in or change vision plans.