You are here

Vehicle Owning Agencies

Motor Vehicle Advisory Council (MVAC)

The Fleet Management Division’s MVAC focuses on developing statewide standards, policies and rules for vehicle acquisition, leasing, maintenance, repair and disposal by all state agencies. The council serves as a catalyst for change – and now, more than ever, is vital to the joint success of agency fleets across the state. The MVAC has been in existence since October 12, 2006. All agencies with statutory authority to own vehicles are members of the MVAC.


Fleet policies applicable to agencies owning vehicles have been summarized in the policy CAM-POLICY-FMD-V001, Owning Agencies Vehicle Management. The document advises agencies on the cradle to grave vehicle lifecycle process.

Mandatory Reporting

All State of Oklahoma agencies and entities (including higher education) must fulfill and comply with the State and US vehicle reporting requirements.


  • Energy Policy Act (EPAct), Acquiring Alternative Fuel Vehicles (CNG, LPG, E-85/FFV) for Standard Compliance (see detailed requirements document)
    • vehicle delivered in period Sep 1 - Aug 31 data is due Dec 31 of that calendar year
    • If all of the following conditions are met:
      (1) A state entity owns, operates, leases, or otherwise controls 50 or more light-duty vehicles within the United States that are not on the list of excluded vehicles (i.e. law enforcement vehicles, non-road vehicles);
      (2) At least 20 of those vehicles are used primarily within a single Metropolitan Statistical Area/Consolidated Metropolitan Statistical Area (for Oklahoma these are: Oklahoma City and Tulsa partially covered Canadian, Cleveland, Logan, McClain, Oklahoma, Pottawatomie, and Creek, Osage, Rogers, Tulsa, Wagoner counties respectfully). Those same 20 vehicles are centrally fueled or "capable of being centrally fueled." Vehicles are considered capable of being centrally fueled if they are capable of being fueled at least 75% of the time at a location that is owned, operated, or controlled by any fleet or under contract with that fleet for fueling purposes.
    • Contact: [email protected]
    • Login:

State of Oklahoma

  • CAM-FORM-FMD-016, Vehicle Acquisition Request per 47 O.S. § 156.3.D
    • each time an agency authorized to own vehicles 10,000 pounds and under intends to acquire a vehicle, regardless of the source of funding (state or federal appropriation, revolving, or grant, or private donation), Vehicle Acquisition Request must be submitted to Fleet Management
    • Contact: [email protected]
  • CAM-FORM-FMD-017, Fleet Inventory Report per 74 O.S. § 110.3
    • each time an agency acquires a vehicle, Vehicle Inventory Data Sheet (Fleet Inventory Report) must be submitted along with the supporting documentation to Fleet Management
    • Contact: [email protected]
  • Monthly Fleet Report (MFR) per 74 O.S. § 110.3
    • by the 10th day of each month each agency owning vehicles must submit vehicle utilization and maintenance cost report to Fleet Management (each agency is provided Excel template at the beginning of fiscal year)
    • Contact: [email protected]
  • CAM-FORM-SS-001V, Surplus Vehicle Transfers per 74 O.S. § 78b
    • State agency report of identified surplus request to Fleet Manager for disposal of vehicles
    • Contact: [email protected]