You are here
HealthChoice is one of the largest health insurers in the State of Oklahoma. Its plans provide benefits to more than 183,000 members and dependents throughout the state. HealthChoice insures eligible state, education and local government employees, as well as former employees, survivors and their dependents. We provide a wide range of quality insurance benefits uniquely designed to meet the needs of our members.
HealthChoice is a benefit plan, not an insurance company, so we don’t deny claims to make a profit. In fact, 95 cents of every dollar collected in premiums is used to pay health claims.
In Oklahoma, more than 78 percent of active licensed medical doctors and more than 95 percent of active licensed osteopathic physicians belong to the HealthChoice Provider Network.
HealthChoice is now recruiting providers across Oklahoma, and I would like to encourage you to participate in its provider network, which offers the following benefits:
- The substantial size of HealthChoice’s membership can help a new physician establish their practice and grow their patient base.
- Clean claims, submitted electronically, are usually processed within three working days and paid electronically within five business days.
- There is no need to negotiate rates. All providers are paid the same rates, which are among the most competitive in the market.
- The Plans provide dozens of preventive services covered at 100% of the Allowable Fee.
- There is a dedicated contact in network management available by phone or email.
Providers can quickly and conveniently access plan information by calling 1-405-717-8790 or toll-free 1-800-543-6044, ext. 8790. Additionally, the HealthChoice website at www.healthchoiceok.com provides 24 hour a day access to “ClaimLink”. “ClaimLink” allows providers to verify benefits, file claims, access current fee schedules, research plan details and check claim status and remittance.
Thank you for your consideration in joining the HealthChoice Provider Network. If you are interested in obtaining further information about how to become a HealthChoice Network Provider, please contact the network management unit at EGID.NetworkManagement@omes.ok.gov or call 1-405-717-8790 or toll-free 1-800-543-6044.
Applications and contracts are also available on the Web at www.healthchoiceok.com.
HealthChoice looks forward to the opportunity of partnering with you in its endeavor to increase access to quality medical care for HealthChoice members.