You are here
OMES Employee Information
General Safety Tips
- Safety is everyone's responsibility.
- Emergency evacuation/shelter in place.
- Supervisor will inform you of designated gathering location in the event of an emergency.
- Treat all alarms as if they are real.
- Report hazards, near misses and incidents*
- Notify supervisor immediately.
- Do not wait until there is an incident before reporting a hazard.
- Do not block doorways or walkways with clutter.
- Keep workstation free of clutter to reduce risk of fire.
- Do not use cellphone while operating a vehicle.
- Do not drive in excess of the speed limit. Follow state laws.
If you have questions, concerns or don't feel comfortable with a task, stop and speak with your supervisor.
*Hazard — condition or set of circumstances that presents a potential harm.
Incident — unplanned event that caused injury, illness or property damage.
Near miss — injury or damage that could have occured but did not.