You are here
OMES Employee Information
General Safety Tips
- Safety is everyone's responsibility.
- Emergency evacuation/shelter in place.
- Supervisor will inform you of designated gathering location in the event of an emergency.
- Treat all alarms as if they are real.
- Report hazards, near misses & incidents*
- Notify supervisor immediately.
- Do not wait until there is an incident before you report a hazard.
- Do not block doorways or walkways with clutter.
- Keep workstation free of clutter to reduce risk of fire.
- Do not use cell phone while operating a vehicle
- Do not drive in excess of the speed limit. Follow state slaws!
If you have questins, conerns or you don't feel comfortable with a task, stop and speak with your supervisor.
*Hazard - Condition or set of circumstances that present a potential harm.
Incidient - An unplanned event that caused injury, illness or property damage.
Near miss - Injury or damage that could have occured but did not.